The successful candidate will join the central finance team for the Trust. As part of this role you will also provide support and advice to individual schools within the Trust.
As an Apprentice you will get an opportunity to experience first-hand how both schools, and central finance operates, and what is the driving force behind it.
You will be supported to do your accountancy qualification, and receive support, training, and challenging assignments.
Responsibilities will include:
- Undertaking monthly tasks as part of the month end process to ensure that internal management reporting deadlines are met
- Preparation of monthly accruals
- Completion of account reconciliations
- Provision of central finance support to finance teams within schools
- Provision of ad hoc financial information
- Analysis and reporting to assist with some annual reporting processes, such as the creation of the Annual Financial Statements, and the AAR
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Experience using several IT applications and systems to efficiently retrieve and record information, including strong Excel and analytical skills
- Well-developed communication skills and the ability to use them to inform, advise and work positively with all colleagues and deal sensitively with a wide range of project contacts
- Knowledge of and adherence to procedures and legislation relating to confidential information
- Understanding of safeguarding responsibilities and working in a school environment
- Excellent numeracy, literacy and ICT skills.
- Good communication and organisational skills
- Motivation and passion for working in finance and education
- A strong desire to qualify as a chartered accountant
- Will thrive as part of a school trust environment
- Good ability to build relationships
- A flexible and adaptable approach to duties
- Understanding of safeguarding and confidentiality
- Degree 2:2 or equivalent with an achieved or predicted grade
- Be willing to pro-actively work towards ACCA / CIMA qualification; with the drive and ability to pass exams at the first attempt
Cockburn MAT is a trust which is growing (having gone from 1 to 5 schools in the past five years).
As the trust continues to grow, so too does the finance operation, and the central finance team will also grow. It's possible that the graduate that joins us could on qualification, elevate to a managerial role within finance to support future graduates as the trust continues to grow.Things to consider
Benefits include an Assigned parking space on site, 25 days annual leave + 8 statutory bank holidays, Study leave, including all exam dates and Enrolment in the West Yorkshire Pension Fund scheme.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates