The Sales Executive Apprentice is a role designed to allow first time employees from education to move into a live commercial environment to increase their skills and knowledge. The role sits within our Commercial teams and exposes the role holder to both internal company practices and our broad customer base.
Your opportunity will be to work inthe Premier Foods business, gaining on the job experience acrossthe relevant sales and related job functions. You will be given a senior mentor who will ensure you are squeezing the most from this experience and to be a partner in your development.
In addition, this is an accredited learning and development programme designed to develop salespeople who sell products or services in Business-to-Business or Business-to Consumer markets, responsible for approaching prospective customers to generate new business, or contacting active customers to grow existing accounts.
The experiencegained will allow the successful candidates to excel in job roles including Field Sales Executiveand National Account Executive. The apprenticeship leads to an internationally recognised Level-4 qualification from the Association of Professional Sales (APS).
What you'll be doing:
- Getting broad exposure to different areas ofSales working with our Field Sales Executives in stores and Wholesale Cash & Carry
- Improving execution levels in store/depot / Gaining secondary space / Analysis of execution levels / Gaining In-store Insight
- Improvingunderstanding of Premier Foodsrange and competitive landscape
- Understanding of customers including Sales, Marketing & Operations
Working alongside BusinessAccountManagerto include:
- Accompaniment and engagementininternal meetings - Weekly Sales
- Accompaniment onexternal meetings,e.g.Buyer 121s or Supply reviews
- Analysis ofElectronic Point of Sale
- Completion of administrative taskse.g.Promotion submission forms, New Line forms, Invest inputting,Price Query Forms, Supply analysis
- Preparation of Sales decks
- Specific Project work e.g.shipper implementation
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Good communication skills
- Self-managed and self-motivated
- Able to work towards and exceed targets while upholding quality and integrity
- Customer service focused
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to take advice and feedback on board to constantly develop and improve
- Energetic with a hunger to succeed, increase and grow your sales and marketing skill set
- Have a positive can-do attitude
- Be committed to complete the apprenticeship programme
- With exposure to direct clients the individual needs to be able to develop confidence when dealing with people
GCSEs at grades C/4 or above(or equivalent) in maths and English are desired.Future prospects
There is opportunity for the successful apprentices to transition into full-time members of the Commercial Team.Things to consider
St Albans, Head Office.
- Clearly defined career path for successful individuals
- Sponsored professional development
- On-the-job mentor
- Employee discount scheme including travel, food, and shopping discounts
- Employee assistance programme