You will work to support the development of products that are designed for cyber security.
Impact and Scope:
As a cyber security technical professional, you will operate in business or technology / engineering functions. You will normally operate with a considerable degree of autonomy and will lead teams which research, analyse, model, assess and manage cyber security risks; design, develop, justify, manage and operate secure solutions; and detect and respond to incidents.
All while following applicable laws, regulations, standards and ethics.
Main duties will include:
- Write, test, debug programs in high and low level languages and scripts
- Configure an Operating System in accordance with security policy
- Identify threats and features
- Apply system engineering and software development methodologies and models
- Apply secure programming principles and design patterns to address security issues
- Discover, identify and analyse threats, attack techniques, vulnerabilities and mitigations
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Knowledge of software development and cyber security
- Logical thinking and creative approach to problem solving
- Able to work effectively with others to achieve a common goa
- Fluent in written communications and able to articulate complex issues
- Planning and Decision Making:
- Level of responsibility for planning, organizing, implementing
- Direction provided to incumbent by Manager
- Good attention to detail
- Passionat about tech and cyber security
• An A Level in ICT or
• An International Baccalaureate at Level 3 in ICT, or
• A Level 3 apprenticeship in a similar subject, or
• A BTEC Extended Diploma in IT (180 credits), or
• A minimum of 12 months of experience within the last 24 months or 18 months in the last 36 months in an IT role. Specific roles that are acceptable are: IT Support roles e.g. Help Desk, First line; Software Development Roles
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications. Find out more here .https://www.enic.org.uk/Qualifications/UKQRS/Default.aspxFuture prospects
Potential to become a full time employee on successful completion of apprenticeship programme.