We have been working with internal and external clients and have a track record of delivering state-of-the-art machine learning and artificial intelligence solutions.
The data science apprentice will be involved in the design and implementation of a range of technical projects. You must be capable of solving a range of technical data challenges, each expecting you to assess the requirements, propose a solution and manage delivery.
Main roles and responsibilities:
- Analysing various data sources with efficiency in Testing AI and data extraction methods and tools
- Involved in designing and delivering a range of technical analytics projects, from small proof of concepts exploratory analyses and automation projects to long-term projects
- Capturing product insight and requirements from lawyers and external clients where necessary
- Liaising with, and presenting to, the Strategy team and other internal teams
- Staying informed about the latest technological innovations
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Interest in software development in Python, as well as Bash
- Interest in data storage and analysis technologies
- Eager to learn about cloud infrastructure providers and container technologies.
- Detail-orientated with solid analytical and problem-solving
- Ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels, and to work with both technical and non-technical people
- Personable and confident, able to build relationships with partners/key
- Interest in Machine Learning methods.
- Highly flexible and open to change
- Willingness to learn new technologies and techniques
- GCSE English and maths at grade C/4 or above and
- 2x A Levels (1 including maths, economics or ICT), or
- An International Baccalaureate at Level 3 in ICT, or
- A Level 3 apprenticeship in a similar subject, or
- A BTEC Extended Diploma in IT (180 credits, or
- A minimum of 15 months of experience within the last 24 months or 18 months in the last 36 months in an IT role. Specific roles that are acceptable are:
- Data Administrator
- Business Analyst
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.Find out morehere.
Things to consider
- Opportunity to progress on sucessful completion of your apprenticeship
- QA's apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education
- To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years
- The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates