JOB TITLE: GRADUATE CONVEYANCING PARALEGAL - VIEW TO A TRAINING CONTRACT
SALARY: upto GBP23,000 - depending on experience
HOURS OF WORK: 9am - 5.30pm Monday to Friday
BENEFITS: 25+stat holidays - Death in Service Pension + Bonus
Due to organic growth and continued success our client is looking for a Residential Conveyancing Paralegal to join their team in Manchester City Centre. The successful candidate will provide support to the Fee Earners covering both freehold and leasehold properties and provide a high level of client care.
This role offers the opportunity to join an established and progressive law firm. You will also be offered excellent training and development and will have the opportunity to develop your career with a view to a training contract.
Main Purpose of the role:
- Reporting directly to a fee earner or fee earners, provide support to him/her and to the team as directed
- Assisting a solicitor with caseloads of residential sales and developer plot sales from instruction by the client to completion with potential for assisting in the purchase and refinance transactions.
- Updating solicitors and/or partners in the team on the progression of all matters on a regular basis;
- Drafting and amending relevant documents, i.e. Contracts, Transfer Deeds;
- Undertaking various searches for each property and check the results of the searches for any adverse information;
- Completing all relevant checklists
- Ensuring that requisite documents are signed on completion, i.e. legal charge, declaration of mortgagee(s), transfer deeds;
- Attending to post-completion formalities, undertaking all registrations and dealing with any issues raised as a result;
- Opening and closing files on Case Manager and ensuring that the paper file is also opened or closed;
- Anti-Money Laundering checks to include checking on the firm's database if already a current client or if new client requesting the relevant identification by sending a letter or telephone call asking for the information;
- Chasing up clients, lenders and other solicitors to ensure progression of each matter and that deadlines are met by using the electronic diary;
- On occasions, helping the Registrations Department with post completion of files on all matters in the Commercial Property department;
- Responsible for own time recording;
- Preparing bills and completion statements, using the client ledgers on the Case Management System.
- General administration, i.e. photocopying and filing;
The skills required to undertake the above job description are as follows:-
- Minimal experience required
- Legal background, with a knowledge of the conveyancing process of sales and purchases transactions;
- Good IT skills, i.e as Word and Outlook;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Good telephone manner;
- Ability to work to tight deadlines;
- Ability to plan and prioritise work;
- Ability to work in a planned and organised way, but has the ability to multitask
- Professional approach
- Knowledge of legal Case Management systems.
Can commute from: Manchester, Stockport, Greater Manchester, Sale, Altrincham, Cheshire, Lancashire, Ashton under Lyne, Stretford, Trafford, Bolton, Salford, Urmston, Hyde, Stalybridge
Paralegal, Commercial Property, Residential Conveyancing Legal Assistant, Conveyancers, Intermediate Conveyancers, Licenced Conveyancer, CLC, Commercial Property, Residential Conveyancing, Legal Executive. Legal Assistant, Property Lawyer.