- Price Bailey is a Top 30 UK accountancy practice with offices across the UK. Our unique Stepstone apprenticeship programme is aimed at recent university graduates and will provide the opportunity to gain a fantastic grounding in accountancy whilst receiving full study support for the ACA qualification.
- This role sits within the audit team and requires the accurate and efficient processing of client accounting information by using relevant software. You will normally will be supervised but as capability and experience should grow quickly, supervision will become more remote.
- Begin to demonstrate capability in, and understanding of, the principles of book-keeping and double entry.
- Regular and repeat practice in the drafting of accounts for straight forward limited company, LLP and charitable organisations.
- Build knowledge and carry out substantive audit tests with clients on site and in the office, initially under close supervision with an aim towards independence and self- sufficiency. Build knowledge of basic audit principles and assertions alongside knowledge of double entry.
- Build knowledge of tax and begin to assist with drafting basic computations
- Adhere to required job procedures: i.e. follows instructions from his/her supervisor and draft work to required compliance and presentation standards.
- Ensure basic assignments and duties are completed to required time guidelines given by assignment leader/supervisor
- Check own work and correct obvious errors before handing work (accounts or audit) to an assignment leader/supervisor.
- Demonstrate a knowledge of the purpose of statutory accounting and audit work including compliance and legal requirements.
- Seek help and support with queries and more complex tasks.
- Refer matters beyond current experience/capability level to others including assignment leaders, supervisors or managers.
- Present the firm's professional image to clients and demonstrate professional relations with clients.
- Control of own assignment time within pre-determined budget
Work based competencies
- A minimum of a 2:1 in any chosen field (applicants without this will not be considered)
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) and Outlook
- Good telephone manner and customer service skills
- Good interpersonal and organisational skills
- A highly professional appearance and attitude
- A team player
- Enthusiastic, keen to learn and take on new challenges
- Highly organised with evidenced ability to manage time
- Motivated and ambitious
Training & Development:
- Full ACA study support
- Performance reviews every six months
- Access to a mentor
- Smart Working (see website for further details)
- A relaxed and professional environment
- Social Activities/Charitable Events
- Competitive Salary and Benefits Package
- 20 days Holiday (ability to purchase up to 5 extra days annually under our flexible benefits scheme)
- Life Assurance
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Retail Discounts as part of UK 200 Group