An apprenticeship is more than just a job. It's the first step in building your career around a subject you love, working alongside like-minded people to make a difference.
You'll build knowledge through academic study and on-the-job experience, plus we will support you throughout to develop your skills.
- You will be working under the supervision and guidance of more senior members of the team, who will provide the hands-on training
- You will attend a recognised accredited course to gain the relevant qualification whilst completing on the job training to learn the tasks in a safe and proficient manner
- The role will provide you with the skills required to carry out maintenance and reactive tasks, whilst complying with site process and safe systems of work
- You will be trained whilst you workin specialised electrical systems across the term of your apprenticeship to enable you to have a competent understanding of these systems.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a team where you can gain a qualification and on the job experience. In return MASS will offer you an apprenticeship scheme that pays over and above the government minimum requirements, as well as paying for your training.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Computer literate and communicates in a positive and pro-active manner
- A professional outlook and behaviour are essential in all interactions with team colleagues, and other professional partners
- Goodproblem-solving skills
- We are looking for an individual who is keen to learn and has a real interest in the design of the built environment, in particular electrical engineering
- To have a positive 'can do'attitude and approach to work
- Ability to work methodically and follow written and verbal instructions
- Attention to detail when carrying out tasks
- Dedication to learning
- Punctual and reliable
- Focused with attention to detail
- Demonstrate the ability to work calmly under pressure and to agreed deadlines
Have 5 GCSE's at grades A*- C (9-4) including maths, English and science or their equivalent.Future prospects
Following completion of course with successful certification there is a clear development and progression pathway with MASS.Things to consider
- Security clearance is required to work at this location. Any offer of employment is subject to security clearance. Any criminal record must be declared
- Needs to be no objection to the UK Government's National Security stance
- Due to the working environment applicantsmust be 18-year-old or over to be considered for this opportunity