Day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Assembly of Medstrom products in line with manufacturing schedules and customer requirements
- Maintenance and general housekeeping of allocated production area
- Regular communication with team members and Production Team Leader to ensure manufacturing schedules are achieved
- To take good care of allocated company tools
- Ensure any manufacturing issues are escalated as necessary
We'll provide a mixture of in-house training and workshops to give you the skill and knowledge to perform these tasks.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Have an interest in engineering
- Be IT literate with knowledge and experience in Microsoft Office programmes
- Be confident
- Have a good standard of verbal and written English
- Display attention to detail and high quality of work
- Be highly collaborative and able to work as part of a team
- Be self-motivated
Minimum of GCSE Grade5 (high C)in maths and Grade4 (C) English or equivalent qualifications.Future prospects
After you have completed the apprenticeship, we will offer you a permanent contract within the business, increase your salary and offer you an 8% annual bonus on completing your qualification.
During your apprenticeship you will have had time to discover the business and understand where you fit. We will give you the opportunity to advance and develop those key skills to succeed in your aspirations.Things to consider
Rewards and benefits
The basic salary is £15,000 pa, (rising with each year of your apprenticeship). We also offer:
- Level 3 Engineering Fitter qualification
- 22 days holiday + bank holidays
- Continuous permanent employment throughout your apprenticeship with a promise of a contract on successful completion of your qualification.
- Time spent within the wider business environment building up skill and knowledge to transform what we do for our customers