You will get the opportunity for rapid on-the-job learning combined with structured training and mentoring to support you on your journey towards becoming a Software Developer / Dev Ops Engineering professional.
You will work on maintaining and enhancing our existing solutions, architecting anddeveloping new customer solutions, and providing technical support to our international customer base.
We will provide a supportive work environment with the flexibility to participate in scheduled work release training and other local business networking and community events.
What do we expect from you?
- You will be able to work flexibly and contribute as part of a small entrepreneurial team
- You will be a self-starter with the motivation and ability to learn-by-doing
- You will have some experience of software development and a proven aptitude in technology
- You will have good verbal communication and interpersonal skills
What skills will you develop?
- Full-stack development (approximate % of time): Azure Cloud PaaS & IaaS (20%) /Microsoft SQL (30%) /Python (50%)
- Solution architecture: developing the strategy and architecture for new solutions and the ongoing enhancement and optimisation of existing solutions
- Security management: implementing and maintaining security protocols to protect our technology environment and customer solutions
Customer support: respond to technical queries, solve problems, implement quick fixes and long-term improvements
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Excellent practical knowledge of networks fundamentals, TCP/IP, HTTP, DNS, DHCP, Firewalls etc
- Strong knowledge of AWS or similar modern cloud infrastructure providers
- Strong experience implementing and administering load balancing and reverse proxy's (NGINX)
- Experience administering and deploying development CI/CD tools (Jira, Jenkins, Git, Terraform)
- Experience with infrastructure scripting solutions such as PowerShell
- Significant experience with Windows and Linux operating system environments
- Familiar with container orchestration services such as Docker
- Good verbal and interpersonal skills
- Eager to learn
- Driven and committed to the apprenticeship
- Motivated and self-starter attitude
5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and maths).Future prospects
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.Things to consider
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates