Are you looking to start a career in maintenance engineering? Do you want to take your skills to the next level with a rewarding employer?
Learn mechanical and electrical skills and start your career with Cepac!
The successful candidate will continue their studies with engineering industry specialists, Rotherham College, in their newly refurbished Engineering workshops. Giving you the training you need to become an all-rounded and qualified Engineer.
Committed to staff development, Cepac have the perfect values to help make your dream a reality, providing excellent in house training that compliments your academic studies.
You'll add to your existing skills alongside experienced service engineers with a focus on maintaining and mastering all aspects of the sites manufacturing equipment.
There are two roles available, specialising in either Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
- To assist the Engineering department in all aspects to ensure the efficient and safe running of the site and equipment
This will mainly include:
- Ensuring continuous running of the plant equipment and machinery by minimising down time during day to day operations
- Repairing equipment
- Assisting with any Engineering fault finding, improvements and installs
- Updating and maintaining engineering literature and drawings using relevant software packages e.g. CAD
- Understand and appreciate basic Health and Safety requirements
- Follow any in-house training to gain the relevant knowledge required for the role
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Good understanding of Electrical Engineering or mechanical engineering
- Strong attention to detail
- Good dexterity and attention to detail
- Must enjoy problem solving and raising to a challenge
- Must have an enthusiasm for engineering and/or IT
- Good communication skills are essential
- Honest, reliable and committed - be confident enough to say when you're unsure and ask for advice as and when needed
- Able to work on own initiative
- 5 GCSE's including maths and English A*-C (9-4) or equivalent
- NVQ Level 3 in Engineering
Things to consider
- Progression to industry specialist qualifications - further and higher skill development. A lifelong career in the industry
- This is a successful business that has a very busy workload. They are looking for someone who can listen/learn and use their own initiative to quickly become a valued member of the team