West Park Leisure Centre are looking for enthusiastic and energetic candidates to work with them as an Leisure Assistant Apprentice and gain their Level 2 in Activity Leadership!
What will the role involve?
We are looking for enthusiastic and energetic candidates to work towards their Level 2 in Activity Leadership and be part of a friendly team to provide a fun, safe and quality experience for all of our customers.
Your duties will include:
- Provide exceptional customer service to all members
- To cover lifeguard positions when needed - Ensuring safety in and around the pool
- Keeping the leisure centre and pool clean and tidy at all times to the highest possible hygiene standard
- Adopting a customer service focussed and commercial approach to sales and retention, similar to that traditionally seen in the fitness environment
- To cover reception and deliver excellent customer service
- Delivering effective new member gym inductions
- Ensuring safety within the gym environment
- Showing members how to use machines and equipment within the gym
This is a full-time position and you will be required to work 40 hours per week on a shift basis at your designated centre.
To be considered for this role, you must be a strong and confident swimmer. If you are invited to interview for this role you will be required to complete a swim test as part of the interview process, to be considered for the role you must be able to demonstrate you can complete the following.
- Jump/dive into deep water
- Swim 50 metres in no more than 60 seconds
- Swim 100 metres continuously on front and back in deep water and then tread water for 30 seconds
- Surface dive to floor of pool (deepest part)
- Climb out unaided without ladders/steps and where pool design permits