Graduate Client Technology Account Manager
Intake Date: November 2021
Who you’ll be working with
You will be working as part of our Public Sector unit in the UK. This market facing team comprises mainly of Account Managers who own the client relationship and have accountability for the sales achievement. Our account Managers work as trusted advisors and together with our clients, they take complex business issues and drive innovation to meet our client’s needs. Internally, our Account Managers work collaboratively with the delivery teams in Capgemini, as well as partners to create and deliver leading edge business and technology solutions that drive results and excite our clients. Our portfolio is broad, covering large government departments across the Tax and Welfare, Public Security, Police, Justice, Health and Environment as well as Local and Devolved Governments. We are helping the UK government solve some of its biggest and most critical challenges.
The focus of your role
We are looking for people who want to build great relationships with clients and who naturally engender trust from those they work with. You will have responsibility from Day1, working alongside experts in different disciplines and you will need to thrive in a fast-paced and changing environment. You will be stretched but just as importantly trusted and you will have all the support you need from the wider team to be successful.
You will first develop an understanding of how Capgemini works with Public Sector clients to deliver positive outcomes that solve their challenges. As you develop, you will build up a broad base of knowledge across a range of areas including sales, technology, delivery, commercial and finance, for your future with us. You will be expected to use your own initiative and personal drive to produce successful results and it goes without saying that team working will be crucial to your success. At an appropriate point in your development, having absorbed the various aspects of the business you will move into a full account management role, taking on responsibility for your own client contacts as part of a wider account team or for your own account and you will be expected to carry a sales target which you will be measured against.
What you’ll do
You will be involved in a variety of activities with the focus on winning new business. Your role will include the following areas, although you will grow into this as part of your development:
- Developing and closing sales opportunities
- Building and managing your own network of client, internal, supplier and partner relationships
- Meeting with your client stakeholders to understand their needs
- Creation of Account plans, including market and competitor analysis
- Reviewing, analyzing, and responding to tenders within Public Sector procurement processes.
- Accountability for our bid responses, working closely with our resources and delivery teams as they shape the solutions
- Lead Capgemini in relation to contractual, delivery and commercial situations within your clients
- CRM Pipeline management and preparation of key month end materials
What you’ll bring
- A bachelor’s degree with a placement year (or previous work experience) in a similar environment is essential
- Excellent communication skills, including oral, listening, written and presentation skills. Consultative behaviour is key to the way we work.
- Eagerness to build relationships with clients and colleagues alike
- You should already have a broad appreciation of technology, manifesting into an understanding of how organisations can be transformed through technology with a strong desire to continue to grow technology knowledge. An understanding of digital and cloud technology and their current relevance in today’s market would be beneficial.
- A strong sense of ownership, with the ability to set own goals and manage your own/others workload. You will also have an enthusiasm to learn and continue to develop your skills as you move forward.
- An ability to think critically. You should like solving problems and thrive under pressure
- A good commercial awareness will be necessary to succeed in this role
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint)
While we’re a global consultancy, we’re made up of supportive, close-knit communities. Everyone wants to get the best solutions for our customers and create the best working environment.
Please note: to meet the security clearance requirements you’ll need to have lived in the UK for the past five years. If you have spent more than six months outside of the UK during the past five years we will unfortunately not be able to consider your application for this role.
Work Life Harmony
We understand that everyone has varied lives and we want you to have a great work-life balance. So, where possible, our Work Life Harmony policy will help you to work flexibly and juggle your work and home life.