At Matalan you will be working towards a Business Administration Apprenticeship Level 3 standard over the course of 15 months.
Founded in the early 1980s by John Hargreaves in Liverpool, Matalan is proud to serve its customers excellent quality at great value. With over 200 stores in the UK, a growing online presence and over 15,000 employees, working here is exciting, challenging, and above all fun! As part of the Matalan family you can expect some great benefits and the opportunity to be part of our exciting vision - to become the UK's most trusted value retailer. This is Retail Made Real.
This role is fundamental to supporting the Talent Attraction, Early Careers and Talent Development teams in the delivery of the overall Talent Strategy, playing a key part in collating and reporting on people data, which can be used to make better decisions on future talent activity
As a key member of the team, you will provide important administrative and coordination support, which better enables the attraction and development of the best talent for Matalan.
Key responsibilities include:
- Supporting with sourcing and screening candidates through various Talent attraction channels
- Supporting our social media activity to promote vacancies and the employer brand to further engage future talent
- Co-ordinating the organisation and scheduling of events i.e. talent attraction, assessment centres, masterclasses etc
- Playing a key role ensuring the successful onboarding of new colleagues whilst maintaining a positive colleague experience
- Leading the departmental data process across different systems, providing relevant and usable data, presenting findings in an easy-to-understand way
- Motivated, committed and responsible for driving your own development.
Matalan value diversity and don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. We are committed to being an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from all communities.
Matalan wants to see every candidate performing at their best throughout the application and interview process and ultimately, in their role. We therefore encourage you to inform us of any reasonable adjustments you might need to enable this.