We are currently looking for an ambitious school or college leaver with good A-level results or equivalent qualification to join our growing accounts team based in our Bishops Cleeve office. You will be fully supported through your accountancy apprenticeship whilst working towards the AAT qualification.
Duties of the role include:
- Preparion of client accounts including
- processing invoices
- reconciling bank accounts
- maintaining client accounting records
- Training on cloud based accountancy software packages such as Xero will be provided
With experience and successful study, the role will develop towards
- Preparation of VAT Returns
- Annual Accounts
- Tax Returns
The successful candidate will be required to study the AAT Professional Accountancy qualification. Attendance and successful completion of these studies is an essential requirement of this Apprenticeship. AAT is a recognised qualification for accountants and bookkeepers and is a great stepping stone to training as a Chartered Accountant.
The ideal candidate will be eager to learn and develop a career in accountancy, be professional, friendly, motivated and possess a ‘can do’ attitude. The successful candidate will be able to communicate well with colleagues and clients regarding basic information and queries. An inquisitive and analytical nature with the ability to learn new skills and demonstrate a willing to be flexible to meet the changing demands of the practice are essential.
You will also need:
- Good level of verbal and written communication skills
- Strong IT skills using Microsoft Office
- Good organisation and administrative skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Previous work experience is preferred
You must be a recent college or school leaver to apply and have achieved good grades at A-level preferably Business Studies, Accountancy or Maths and at least 5 GCSE’s, including Maths and English at level 5 or above.
Immediate Start available.