Do you have great organisation skills? Are you confident when speaking to new people on the phone and face to face? Do you want a role that offers development of skills and personal growth? If so, Key Training have the perfect vacancy for you!
At Northumberland Park Medical Group the doctors and nurses take pride in offering the highest possible standard of care for all of their patients. They offer a wide range of services things such minor surgery, contraception implants, childhood vaccinations, NHS health checks and many more which can be found under services.
Their practice area is Shiremoor, Backworth, West Allotment, Earsdon, Holywell and parts of Seaton Delaval.
- Support delivery of smooth running of the reception area
- Support deliver of smooth running of the back office and administrative tasks
- Answering the telephone and conveying messages
- Managing requests for repeat prescriptions an liaising with pharmacy when appropriate
- Checking prescription box for repeat prescription requests
- Managing, maintaining and distributing the mail, emails, faxes and other incoming communications
- Ensuring that patients receive reliable information and sound advice drawing on GPs/other staff as appropriate
- Explaining practice arrangements to new patients
- Ensuring that all incoming calls are received in a timely manner whilst ensuring appropriate attention is given to every patient
- Diverting or pass messages to other team members where appropriate
- Arranging transport for patients for high risk register patients
- Charging patients the appropriate amount for private work, providing a receipt to the patient and recording the charge in the petty cash book
- Helping with the sorting and filing of medical records
- Periodically checking the fax to make sure it is operational and has an adequate paper supply before leaving in the evening
- Maintaining outgoing lab specimen collection system in a manner suited to the needs of the practice; taking into consideration time cut off for the courier
- Recording appropriate notes on patient records in accordance with practice protocols and good record keeping guidance
- Distribution and collection of questionnaires
- Ensuring the procedure for opening and closing the Surgery is carried out, including making sure security is given priority
- Actively participating in staff and other meetings
- Ensure that Consulting Rooms are clean and tidy prior to the start of each surgery, including checking there are enough paper/scripts in printers and any other stationary required
- Maintaining a list of surgery contacts including staff telephone numbers, partner organisation contact numbers and fax numbers
- Provide support in carrying out administrative tasks
- Carry out other duties deemed appropriate
The successful apprentice will work towards a well-respected and nationally recognised Customer Service Level 2.
There is an excellent opportunity to gain a permanent position during or after if the apprentice is willing to work hard for their achievements.
Apply now and don't miss out!