IQGeo delivers award-winning geospatial software solutions to telecommunication and utility network operators from large multinationals to small regional providers. The IQGeo software suite improves productivity and collaboration across enterprise planning, design, construction, maintenance, and sales processes reducing costs and operational risks while enhancing customer satisfaction.
IQGeo has assembled a global team of telecoms and utility industry experts and experienced software industry professionals to work alongside our customers in a creative partnership. We have seen first-hand the challenges faced by our customers and understand that they need innovative solutions to solve today’s complex problems. But it’s not just our technology and the experience of our people that stands out, it’s also the open and transparent approach that we apply across every aspect of our business.
The apprentice will have technical responsibility for first line support for the Global IT function with the objective of providing reliable and responsive IT systems and services to facilitate the productivity of IQGeo employees and to protect the security and integrity of IQGeo data.
Main role and responsibilities:
- Internal Help Desk service for IQGeo employees using Jira (Triaging all tickets and escalating as necessary)
- User PC configuration, deployment, and support including lifecycle management
- Establish and administer user profiles, distribution lists, security policies, etc.
- Provide technology training and IT orientation for new employees
- Maintain system and network documentation (Knowledge base for employees and internal standard operating procedures)
- Maintain Office 365 licenses
- Evaluate and/or recommend purchases of computers, peripheral equipment, and software.
- Work in conjunction with IT peers in other IQGeo entities to provide a seamless global IT infrastructure and responsive user services.
- Server Administration over Azure
- Ensure compliance with ISO27001 including patching and monitoring
- Asset tracking (e.g., Reconciliation of IT hardware to finance fixed asset register)
Desired skills and Personal qualities:
- Excellent personnel and communication skills
- Excellent troubleshooting and analysis skills
- Flexibility on working time
- Time management, ability to work on your own initiative
- Ability to undertake occasional overseas travel
- Ability to work on multiple tasks at once
You need to have 5 GCSE’s:
- Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades D or above
- 3x GCSE’s grade A-C in any other subject
You must not already have a qualification in a similar subject at the same level, or higher level than this apprenticeship.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
Find out more here:
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.