This SME organisation can be summed up in our 3 KEY values:
Improve – We believe that the appropriately used Business Intelligence technologies should enhance decision making and planning in ways that ought to which improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the services that our clients deliver.
Community – We believe that working together as a team, in partnership with our clients and by sharing experience and ideas between our clients, we can deliver Business Intelligence projects more quickly and in ways that produce more focussed advantage to all concerned.
Trust – We know how sensitive the data we handle can be and take all steps necessary to protect it. We know how important it is to report accurately and are meticulous in understanding specifications and ensuring that our solutions are clearly documented.
You will be managed by a senior member of our team of developers, and will be assisting in the development of BI solutions for our clients, as well as many company related tasks including updating our website, developing our time management and billing systems, supporting the delivery of our Project Management tools, developing and maintaining our shared Intranet, and producing new data management tools.
Turn client management information requirements into accurate, well presented reports and dashboards.
- Modifying and creating Business Objectives Reports
- Understanding and interpreting user Specifications
- Producing data providers
- Understanding and modifying basic SQL scripts
- Carefully testing and accuracy checking data lists and aggregations
- Translating Statutory Guidance into measures
- Communicating with Clients
- Careful documentation of all steps of the development process
- Assisting with in house systems developments
- Providing software support to clients and staff as required
Desired skills and knowledge:
- Some proven computer aptitude
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Effective communications skills
- Team player
- Attention to detail
- Ability to manage work and meet strict deadlines
- Logical and creative thinking
- GCSE English and Maths at grade C or above and
- 2x A Levels (1 including Maths, Economics or ICT), or
- An International Baccalaureate at Level 3 in ICT, or
- A Level 3 apprenticeship in a similar subject, or
- A BTEC Extended Diploma in IT (180 credits, or
- A minimum of 15 months of experience within the last 24 months or 18 months in the last 36 months in an IT role. Specific roles that are acceptable are:
- Data Administrator
- Business Analyst
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications. Find out more here.
You will be given the opportunity to take on a full-time role.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.