Graduate / Assistant / Intermediate Project Manager
A number of exciting opportunities have arisen for ambitious individuals to join a highly entrepreneurial engineering consultancy business operating within the Water, Energy and Environment Sector. We are looking to recruit applicants at all levels: graduate, assistant, and intermediate Project Managers.
Operating as a key member of the Project Management team within the Commission Performance Function, you will provide project management support, contract administration, and provide administrative and coordination support to both Project Managers and the Commission Performance Manager, ensuring project and framework obligations are met.
Although we anticipate the role to be flexible, the ideal candidate would be based in locality to our Head Office in Bradford or other offices within Exeter or South Wales.
* Ensuring successful delivery of assigned projects to agreed time, quality and cost parameters.
* Complying with IMS requirements for assigned commissions including project audits, project governance and corrective actions.
* Managing key client projects, coordinating technical resource, and developing scope requirements for those projects assigned.
* Developing internal programmes for project delivery and reporting on progress to both the client and internally for assigned projects.
* Developing price quotes for projects assigned and ensuring these are delivered in line with the agreed budget and profit parameters and any issues are escalated in a timely manner.
* Supporting the Commission Performance Manager and Operations Manager with framework management actions as required.
* Increase Aqua's exposure with key clients and generate business development leads to support the Operations Managers.
* Promote project management best practice within the organisation.
* Produce monthly highlight reports for all projects assigned and escalate any issues as appropriate.
* Matrix management of technical resources where appropriate.
* Provide guidance and support to Project Managers and Technical Directors as appropriate to support the delivery of their projects.
Skills / Attributes Required
* APM PMQ Preferred
* Water / Utilities Sector experience required
* Degree in a relevant field and/or relevant experience
* Proven team player with leadership skills including the ability to coach and energise others
* Interpersonal skills sufficient to support, advise and influence team members from different parts of the business whilst providing strong time quality cost controls
* Strong IT literacy including Microsoft Office
* Strong critical thinking and analytical skills
* Hands-on approach and proven ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
* Positive mindset with a can-do attitude
* Has the initiative to improve current systems and processes
* Salary - Dependant on experience
* Pension - 6% employer 4% Employee
* Holidays - 24 days plus 8 statutory
* Life Insurance 3 x salary
* Up to 6% Bonus