The Job holder is responsible for supporting the Operations Finance Manager at our Burnley Distribution Centre. In this role you will produce and present insightful management information to senior leaders that will drive improved performance and efficiency of the site.
Tasks, duties & responsibilities will include:
- As Finance Analyst you will be responsible for the production of detailed and accurate weekly operations finance reports using a variety of data sources and presenting this information back to the site leadership team in a clear and insightful way that drives actions and improves site efficiency
- You will perform a weekly payroll reconciliation to ensure the accuracy and completeness of labour costs in the management reports, this will include a weekly review of agency invoice submissions, reconciling charges to our internal records
- Work closely with the central finance team to ensure the management accounts are complete, accurate and timetables are met. Produce monthly reconciliation of weekly costs to monthly management accounts and provide explanations/commentary for any differences
- As a growing business with a number of distribution centres you will be required to share best practice with new and existing finance colleagues across our network which might include taking on new reporting requirements for sister distribution centres for short periods of time and/or covering as and when colleagues are absent
- Assist the Operations Finance Manager through the quarterly forecasting process, working with internal departments to understand their requirements/risks/opportunities and challenging where appropriate
- Help to prepare monthly operations performance reports
- Monitor the purchase ordering process onsite ensuring POs are raised and approved correctly on a timely basis and suppliers are paid in accordance with terms
- Other ad-hoc analysis as and when required
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Detailed understanding of accounting software and BI tools
- Good understanding of Excel and a desire to enhance these skills further
Access to own transport for occasional travel to other distribution centres in the network desirable but not essential.Desired qualifications
2:1 Degree achieved in either maths or accounting (or equivalent).
Would suit a newly qualified accountant or someone studying towards a finance qualification (ACA / CIMA / ACCA), (or equivalent) with experience of working in a busy finance department desirable.Future prospects
For individuals who consistently perform at an outstanding level and who have aspiration to progress there should be no barriers to opportunities.