An exciting opportunity to join as a Level 4 Apprentice within the Communications team in Business Development.
The PR and communications apprentice will support the Corporate Communications team in providing a full PR and communications service to help the firm and their internal clients meet their business objectives. This will include but not be limited to:
- Supporting the team in producing, proofreading and publishing high-quality communications collateral for clients, targets and other contacts. This includes online and offline material.
- Working on day - to - day publication of content for the firm's website, social media channels, events and email campaigns.
- Supporting the events team in delivering first-class events in line with business values, current campaigns in place and/or targeted audiences and markets.
There will be ongoing reviews to assess how you are doing with time to complete your 20% off the job requirements as part of your apprenticeship.
The Corporate Communications team is made up of three sub-teams: communications (PR and media relations), digital (web site and social channels) and events (on and offline).
The experience gained at Gowling WLG will provide an excellent insight into the operation of a communications team at a large, international corporate firm, along with valuable all-round marketing experience. It will also provide an opportunity to link theory and practice in a collaborative and friendly environment.
Main duties and responsibilities:
We will expect the successful candidate to maintain the team's high standards of technical and service excellence.
The role includes:
- Support the team in producing, proofreading and publishing high-quality communications collateral for clients, targets and other contacts. This includes online and offline material.
- Prepare, distribute and 'sell-in' press releases (national and sector based), collate media coverage and support on competitor monitoring.
- Support the team with its legal directories and awards submissions.
- Monitor and evaluate success against a set of pre-defined criteria and produce reports and evaluations
- Support the organisation and delivery of paid marketing opportunities such as sponsorship and advertising.
- Provide ad hoc support to the firm's Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games sponsorship activation team, as required.
- Assist in the delivery of major internal communications campaigns, as required.
- Support on the day-to-day publication of content for the firm's website, social media channels, events and email campaigns.
- Maintain best practices with day-to-day web content management using the firm's content management system with oversight from the firms Website Manager.
- Assist in the creation of reports and research projects.
- Create and optimise imagery to provide a high quality but efficient user experience for all content types.
- Assist the Digital Content Executive in driving the firms SEO campaign.
- Support the events team in delivering first-class events in line with business values, current campaigns in place and/or targeted audiences and markets.
- Assist the team throughout events delivery, including:
- preparing invitations and supporting with administrative tasks relating to events, including pack preparation, formatting of PowerPoint presentations, badges, table plans, on-the-day paperwork, catering, staff and equipment;
- assisting the team in sourcing new venue options and liaising with external suppliers (venues, packages); and
- reviewing feedback post-event and supporting the team with collating the events metrics.
Any other reasonable duties delegated by a member of the Corporate Communications team.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Excellent communicator, both verbally and in writing, with an eye for detail.
- Effective time management and organisational skills - able to juggle and prioritise numerous tasks.
- A good knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Self-motivated team player used to working to deadlines.
- An understanding of the strategic value of communications and marketing.
- Positive and confident interpersonal style.
- A desire to develop skills and knowledge with a strong sense of initiative.
- Aligned with our values of Teamwork & Collaboration, Different & Better and Continuous Improvement.
Willing to go the extra mile to get the job done.Desired qualifications
GCSEs (or equivalent) in English and Maths at grade 4 (equivalent to a C) or above.Future prospects
to be confirmed after the apprenticeship