Duties may include:
- To meet the aims and objectives of the nursery as set out in the nursery prospectus, policies and procedures and as communicated by the nursery Management.
- To promote the high standards of the nursery at all times to parents, staff and visitors.
- To ensure the provision of high standards of physical and emotional care.
- To be fully conversant and compliant with all nursery policies and procedures particularly the fire drill and the medication procedures.
- To work towards meeting the aims and objectives the Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum.
- To keep up to date informative records for key children and to make these available for parents.
- To plan suitable and stimulating activities, allowing for child led play and adapting schedules appropriately as circumstances demand.
- Assist the manager with the efficient upkeep of the building and maintenance/stock of equipment, furnishings and fittings as well as ensuring the security of the building and equipment.
- Assist with the preparation and maintenance of resources and ensure resources are used appropriately.
- To meet the Health and Safety standards appropriate for the needs of young children and ensure high standards of hygiene and cleanliness are maintained at all times. This includes maintaining a secure environment by keeping all outside gates locked, the main entrance door shut and strictly adhering to the nursery's admittance policy.
- To keep room base, common areas and equipment clean.
- Perform cleaning and washing duties as required.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Good communication skills.
- Areliable team worker.
- Good timekeeping skills.
- A fun, happy, caring person to join our friendly nursery.
- The successful candidate must have a Level 3Childcare qualification.
- GCSEgrades A-C in English and maths or equivalent
To progess onto a full time position.