SGS is the world's leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. We are recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 95,000 employees, we operate a network of more than 2,400 offices and laboratories around the world.
We aim to be the most competitive and the most productive service organization in the world. Our core competencies in inspection, verification, testing and certification are being continuously improved to be best-in-class. They are at the heart of what we are.
Role: Apprentice Laboratory Technician x 3
Salary: GBP13,260 per annum
Location: Ellesmere Port, CH65 3EN
Hours: Monday - Friday, 37.5 hours per week
We have an exciting opportunity for 3 x Apprentice Laboratory Technician to join our global organisation. The apprentice scheme will be aimed at GCSE and A level students. The GCSE students will complete an ONC science course with an NVQ requirement. The A level students will complete a HNC chemistry course with an NVQ requirement.
* Ensure samples are processed for analysis and where applicable data entered accordingly within turnaround times agreed with both our internal and external Customers.
* Analyse samples in accordance with appropriate analytical test procedures to ensure consistency and accuracy of results.
* Promptly inform supervisory team if a problem with equipment or method occurs so that immediate actions can be taken to remedy the problems and return equipment to full service.
* Attend and complete relevant College course, e.g. ONC or HNC, including completing work based assignments.
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual with a keen interest in working within a laboratory environment. The ideal candidate will have a strong, positive work ethic and be educated to GCSE level (minimum). The main requirement is that you have the ability to learn quickly and respond positively to taking on new responsibilities and challenges, you will communicate effectively and work well with others, demonstrating strong interpersonal skills.
In addition to the above you'll also need to demonstrate the following;
* GCSE's (or equivalent) in Science, Maths and English at Grade A-C or equivalent
APPLY NOW for full consideration, you can be sure that your application will be treated confidentially and impartially, and you will always receive an update within 10 business days