Glyn Schools is a vibrant, outstanding school for boys aged 11-16 with an oversubscribed and successful mixed Sixth Form. Founded in 1927, we have a rich history of academic, sporting and artistic excellence and in 2014 we were designated a teaching school, one of a select number that represent the most outstanding and innovative practice nationally. There is currently only one role available at the school but you will be part of a PE department of 10 full time members of staff who you will work alongside and be supported by. The role will include working alongside these members of staff to deliver Key Stage 3 PE and Games lessons as well as taking a more co-role in a sports team of your choice. There is also the potential to work in our local primary schools within our large MAT to develop Key Stage 1 and 2 coaching skills
As part of the Coach Core offer, we provide a dedicated tutor, to support you through the qualification and help you put your learning into practice at work. This tutor will deliver a weekly group education session for all apprentices, allowing you to learn and share ideas from a range of different coaching environments.
If you are successful with your application, your role will involve:
- Helping to inspire your community to develop and lead a healthy, active lifestyle
- Shadowing experienced coaches and supporting existing sessions and activities.
- Assisting with the planning and delivery of sessions, taking the lead with small groups as directed
Assisting with the reporting of participant progress and development
Supporting the wider activities of your employer, which may include administration tasks, social media, marketing and events.
- Maintaining the health and safety of sessions/activities at all times
- Sharing knowledge and ideas with other Coach Core apprentices, to help improve coaching delivery.