Sports Focus in Schools is based in the borough of Spelthorne, Surrey, mainly working in the Primary School Sector but we have also been working with two Independent Schools since our inception.
We offer a range of activities both in and out of the school environment.
Inside schools, we provide PPA Cover, PE Lessons, Breakfast Clubs, Lunch Clubs and various After-School Clubs ranging from Football to Multi-Sports.
Outside school, we offer three different services: Holiday Camps, Saturday Morning Football Sessions and Birthday Parties.
We are looking for an enthusiastic multi-sport coach to teach and supervise children aged between 4 and 11. This will be in the form of breakfast, lunch and after-school clubs as well as PPA Cover (children's PE lessons).
We hope we can find an apprentice that is self-motivated, able to use your own initiative, with a passion for sport and working with children. At first you will be assisting lead coaches and mentored by our senior coaches, with the hope to develop into leading your own sessions and clubs etc.
As part of the Coach Core offer, we provide a dedicated tutor, to support you through the qualification and help you put your learning into practice at work. This tutor will deliver a weekly group education session for all apprentices, allowing you to learn and share ideas from a range of different coaching environments.
If you are successful with your application, your role will involve:
- Helping to inspire your community to develop and lead a healthy, active lifestyle
- Shadowing experienced coaches and supporting existing sessions and activities.
- Assisting with the planning and delivery of sessions, taking the lead with small groups as directed
Assisting with the reporting of participant progress and development
Supporting the wider activities of your employer, which may include administration tasks, social media, marketing and events.
- Maintaining the health and safety of sessions/activities at all times
- Sharing knowledge and ideas with other Coach Core apprentices, to help improve coaching delivery.