DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide supervision of swimming pools to ensure customer safety at all times by preventing accidents and incidents and by taking the appropriate action in the event of these occurring.
- Ensure equipment is set up in order to meet the needs of the programmed activities.
- Undertake cleaning tasks as required to ensure the centre is well presented and monitor standards of cleanliness in customer critical areas such as changing rooms and toilets.
- Monitor customer use within the centre and ensure unsafe practices are promptly dealt with or reported as appropriate.
- Maintain high levels of customer service at all times ensuring you have a full product knowledge of the services and activities available at the centre
- Attend monthly swimming training sessions in order to demonstrate competency and maintain a valid NPLQ qualification.
- Follow the processes laid down in the SMS (Serco Management System), in particular, the Pool Normal Operating, Pool Emergency and Centre Emergencies Procedures.
- Consistently and actively apply good housekeeping principles, such as turning off lights and equipment when not in use, in order to contribute to our strategy to reduce utility consumption and carbon footprint.
You will be working towards your Leisure Team Member standard Level 2 over the course of 15 months