From GBP21,500 p.a, plus generous benefits
Why is CGP the UK's number one educational publishing company? It's got a lot to do with exceptional people, high standards and a willingness to do things differently. We're obsessed with finding and challenging talented people who can enhance our unique culture - and our recruitment team is central to this. We're now looking for an extremely organised, cheerful and open-minded graduate to join us. Absolutely no previous HR or recruitment experience is necessary - it's your eagerness to dive in and pick things up that we're more interested in.
Based at our stunning head office in the Lake District, you'll help us attract, assess and welcome talented new people. A great ambassador for CGP, you'll help to promote CGP as a great place to work. Positivity will be your middle name - after all, you'll often be the first point of contact for candidates applying for a huge range of roles.
We're initially offering this position as a six-month internship but as CGP goes from strength to strength, there's plenty of scope to spread your wings and carve out a successful career with us longer term.
Key skills & attributes
As part of the People Team, you'll be handling lots of confidential information, so you'll be completely trustworthy with bags of integrity. You'll also need to be:
- Cheerful, enthusiastic and flexible - great to work with and ready to muck in with the team's priorities, be it recruitment or other people issues
- Able to talk to anyone and put them at ease
- Supremely organised, methodical and meticulous - let's call it an 'expert juggler'
- Bright with a great grasp of the English language - as a respected publishing company we can't afford to let our standards slip
- Collaborative but also happy using your initiative, taking responsibility for the high quality of your work
- Open-minded, non-judgmental and eager to respond positively to feedback
- Keen to use technology to help us attract and appoint the very best people
- Educated to degree-level (ideally a minimum 2:1) - but we're not looking for any particular subject background
- A driver - we have 4 main sites in the South Lakes, all within 20 minutes of each other
Role & responsibilities
This is a varied role. There's the day-to-day recruitment admin of course - and at times it'll take over your day. You'll be juggling several campaigns at a time with hundreds of applicants all desperate to hear from you! But creativity is needed too. You'll be:
- Drafting adverts, job descriptions and internal communications that reflect CGP's quirky personality
- Planning assessments that challenge but get the best out of candidates
- Running assessment days, putting candidates at ease and dealing with any unexpected happenings (power cuts, nose bleeds??? they've all happened!)
- Arranging first-class induction programmes for each new employee
- Helping to promote CGP as a great place to work
If you think you're the perfect person to join us, apply today by selecting the apply button and including your CV and a cracking covering letter telling us why this is the role for you.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Other organisations may call this role Trainee Recruiter, Graduate Recruiter, Intern, Graduate In-House Recruiter, Graduate Recruitment Co-ordinator, or Graduate.