Duties will include:
- Work with the Support team to understand requirements and bugs or defects detected by the customers
- Investigate, analyse and document reported defects
- Perform maintenance programming andcorrection of identified defects
- Review business requirements and/or specifications
- Design functional system areas
- Perform coding to written technical specifications and agreed completion deadlines
- Execute unit and system testing
- Create and maintain technical documentation
- Report progress to the Technical Director and/or Project Manager(s) on a regular basis
Skills to be learnt:
- C# (Windows Forms and / or WiseJ)
- MS-SQL Server
- Ability to code software according to published standards and design guidelines
- Consumption of REST Based API developed using C# and applying Token Based Authentication
- Testing of the components created
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- The company is open-minded about the experience level required and willing to consider applicants from school leavers to graduates or even those with some programming experience.
- Some academic attainment in Maths and IT is highly desirable.
- You have a proven interest in coding through A Level/college course or online platforms like Code Academy and are seeking a Level 4 Software Developer apprenticeship as the first step on your tech career.
- You'll be able to demonstrate your coding skills through personal projects you've completed
- Proven passion for technology and seeking a career in software development
- Strong problem solving
- Enjoy working in a team
- Able to take ownership of work
- Self motivate with good attention to detail
Minimum qualifications: 7 GCSE's (or equivalent) at grades 9-4 or A-C including maths and English Language.
3 A Levels (or equivalent) at grades A*-C in any subject but one must be in a numerical / computing subject (e.g. maths, science, computer science etc.) or business
Applications will also be considered from graduates with non-computer science degrees looking for an apprenticeship route to a tech career.Future prospects
Perminant employment and ongoing career development.