Full time Assistant Accountant required for Liverpool Airport Limited and group companies. Responsible primarily for expenditure and income variance analysis and acting as a business partner to all cost centre managers, providing them with timely and accurate information to assist with the decision making process.
- Preparation of monthly reports with explanations of variances in costs and revenue versus forecasts and budgets. Including calculating prepayments, accruals, GRNI and balance sheet reconciliations
- Produce cost expenditure summaries for each cost manager and act as business partner to non-financial personnel
- Liaise with cost centre managers on a monthly basis to ensure costs are accurately accounted for in the month. Track cost performance against forecast/budget and deliver training, guidance and support to cost centre managers on financial matters
- Assist with the annual budget and quarterly forecasting process to ensure accurate data is captured and provided to execs/ stakeholders. Support cost centre managers through the budget and forecasting processes
- Attend CAPEX committee meetings, report on project timing and cash forecasting and maintain the Fixed Assets register
- Adhere to all local and group deadlines for the provision of information and reports.
- Assist with the preparation of year-end audit and tax packs and liaise with auditors.
- Provide training and support to finance apprentices
- To carry out other associated tasks related to the job as required by the Financial Controller
- Other ad-hoc duties which may occur from time to time and are considered to be within the post holders capability, to ensure business continuity
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Accounts experience of AAT Level 4 essential
- Experience using MS Office including Excel (at least intermediate level)
- MS Word and PowerPoint
- Excellent organisational skills, priority setting
- Ability to work to strict deadlines
- Good interpersonal skills
- An excellent communicator who is able to work pro-actively with senior non-finance stakeholders
- Problem solving and analytical ability
- Driven, with desire to make an impact on the business
- Level 4 AAT qualified or have accounts experience.
- 5 GCSE's Grades 9-5 (or A*-C) including maths and English)
Things to consider
- Opportunities to progress within the organisation
- Free onsite parking
- 25 day holiday (+8 Bank Holidays)
- Pension/Benefits: Eligible for company pension scheme after 3 months(and in line with auto enrolment eligibility) employee min. contribution 4%, Employer 5% (capped at 6%)
- Company Health Plan with Medicash
- Death in Service Benefit
- The salary is £20k - £25k depending on qualifications and experience