This is a great opportunity for somebody who is passionate about design and UX, who thrives on delivering success for our clients. As a UX designer, you will learn to handle the full spectrum of users' impressions and interactions with the brands that we work with. Your exact duties will vary with work including UX design for Mobile Apps, InStore Apps, Websites and marketing content for the company.
This role is available in our Manchester office.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK.
- Meet with clients to gather information about their requirements
- Propose and sketch out a range of visual concepts both on paper and using software applications
- Create user personas, user journeys and site maps
- Translate concepts into wireframes, prototypes and user flows using specialist design tools such as Adobe, Canva, Marvel, Canva, Photoshop, Wix, ProCreate, Sketch etc.
- Work on cross-platform applications to develop user experiences covering mobile phones, tablets and computers
- Work collaboratively with other designers, product design and development teams, business analysts, engineers and project managers
- Liaise regularly with clients to ensure that designs meet their requirements and core business objectives
- Attend meetings to discuss and review progress on the project
- Attend and help drive workshops for clients and internal stakeholders
- Work with the research team to plan and conduct remote and on-site user research and usability testing with real users to ensure the end-product design provides users with the optimum experience in terms of efficiency, effectiveness and engagement
- Write reports and communicate the results of your work
- Identify areas for improvement
- Redesign websites to make them more responsive
- Redesign or create mobile apps that are easy to use and configured appropriately for smartphones and tablets
- Work on design relating to the company social networks covering LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Keep up to date with technological innovations and new tools
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- A concept thinker with a keen visual awareness and willingness to learn specialist programmes
- An interest in, and knowledge of design principles
- Effective communication skills to liaise with team members and clients to ensure that high quality end-user designs meet customer requirements
- Empathy with the customer so that you can understand what they want from the website/app
- Excellent written communication skills, with an eye for detail
- Design and spatial skills to gauge the usability of the website or application
- An aptitude for using a logical, step-by-step approach to ensure designs are user friendly and simple for end users
- A high level of concentration and resilience to stay focused on a project to the end and meet client deadlines
- An open, flexible and adaptable mind-set to cope with a rapidly changing set of tasks in an area of emerging, new technologies
- The ability to relate well to other professionals and work in a specialist team
- A willingness to keep up to date with software applications and new techniques in a rapidly changing profession.
Admission onto a higher or degree apprenticeship can only take place if applicants are currently employed and their employer has a training agreement in place with QA. Applicants must be employed in a relevant role, with the opportunity to apply theoretical concepts directly to their personal and professional work experience.
Potential apprentices will need:
120 UCAS Tariff points
From a combination of acceptable Level 3 qualifications which may include: A-levels, BTEC Diplomas/Extended Diplomas, Scottish and Irish Highers, Access to HE Diplomas or the International Baccalaureate.
We may also consider applicants who have successfully completed a related Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship, or those with non-standard qualifications, or a significant amount of relevant work-based or professional experience.
Find out how many points your qualifications are worth using the UCAS Tariff calculator: https://www.ucas.com/ucas/tariff-calculator.
English Language Requirements:
International applicants should have a minimum overall IELTS (Academic) score of 6.0 with 5.5 in each component (or an approved equivalent*).
Recognition of Prior Learning and Experience:
As part of your admissions process, you will complete a Skills Scan. This will identify opportunities for a module or level exemption based on your prior learning and experience, in line with the Degree Apprenticeship Standards. Recognition of Prior Learning and Experience will be assessed in line with the university Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) and HE Credit Framework.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL):
Some apprentices may be able to use the previous study at a similar level, or experience gained through work or other settings, to gain exemption from certain modules on this programme or to accelerate into a later stage of the programme.
As well as:
Qualification / Experience:
As an apprentice we will be helping you towards achieving your degree,
As a junior we would be keen to hear from you if you have a keen interest or qualifications in the following areas:
- Computer science
- Digital design/media
- Digital marketing
- Graphic design
- Media technology
- Web design
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
Find out more here:
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship.Additionally there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programs offer on-going development tracks.Things to consider
QA's apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.