In this role, you will learn all parts of the brewing process from raw material intake through to packaging and be expected to master all of them, so expect plenty of change and challenge as you learn your trade.
You will be part of a small team responsible for all aspects of the beer production process
and day-to-day operations of the brewery. Naturally, you will spend a great deal of time on the production floor but that's not to say the role won't involve many different tasks.
Aside from the day to day routine, there will be many other duties to get involved with. Evaluating raw materials to ensure they meet the specific quality and assisting in the packaging operations.
What we are looking for:
- A passion for the Brewing industry and a love for Beer!
- You may be studying A-Levels or have a relevant degree in Brewing, Chemistry, Microbiology or Food Science - either way we are after a genuine beer enthusiast
- Hands-on practical approach - we need grafters!
- A flexible work ethic!
- This is a predominantly a shift-based role working 40 hours a week either 06:00-14:00 or 14:00-22:00 Monday to Friday with a limited amount of work at the weekends.
- Ability to handle pressure environment where deadlines must be met.
- A confident communication style, as you will be liaising with various stakeholders daily
- Ability to travel to Bedford daily if not living locally
What's in it for you?
- Flexible hours
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays pro rata
- Private medical health care
- Group personal pension plan
- Life assurance
- 25% off dining and retail discounts and 30% off beer!
- Long term opportunity for the right candidate
Not only do we have a passion for our beer brands, but also for our people.
At Wells, you will not be a small cog in a big wheel, but a valued part of
the team where you will make a difference every day.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- A high level of physical fitness.
- This role is on your feet, manual handling and getting your hands dirty!
- Team Player
- Passion for the industry
- Strong work ethic
- Min GCSE's A-C in core subjects inc maths, English & Science.
- At the end of the course there is a real prospect that a good candidate will gain full-time employment within the brewing team or alternatively leave with a renowned qualification and desirable practical CV which will make finding work elsewhere far more accessible.