This is an opportunity to kick off your career in a modern and collaborative environment.
The Business Analyst role allows analysts to receive a foundation of the principles and processes followed by the analysis practice and to take on more responsibility and specialisation into systems analysis, business analysis or a hybrid role.
The Apprentice will work under the supervision and support of more experienced analysts to build their analysis skill set and application and business knowledge, and to complete the work assigned within the agreed timelines and with the required quality.
Line Manager & New Careers Programme Committee
Apprenticeship Programme Overview:
During the programme, learners will be required to spend 20% of work time committed to off-the-job learning.
The modules included in the Business Analyst apprenticeship programme equip learners with the advanced technical skills they need for their role. Each module develops the core set of skills they must be able to do well to be competent in their role.
The programme is made up of seven modules that follow our challenge-based learning approach. They combine multiple modes of learning (live, self-paced, and practical), seamlessly delivered through a 'blend' of online and live learning events.
As part of the programme, apprentices will complete:
- Seven knowledge modules teaching advanced theory and its practical application, through a combination of online learning and practical live workshops
- A summative portfolio showcasing how the learner(s) have/has demonstrated the skills they learn in real work projects
- Workplace project proposal with a maximum of 5000 words
- Conduct a professional discussion to assess whether learners have successfully met the learning requirements of the programme
- Building and developing their understanding of the analysis process and principles
- Building and developing an understanding of the way our applications specifically supports business processes
- Configuration of the application to support client requirements, with a level of support from more experienced analysts
- Assist in the analysis of business processes, functions and procedures to determine the most effective business systems technology that meet the needs of the organisation
- Assist in establishing specifications and acceptance criteria based on business requirements, with a high level of support from more experienced analysts
- Assist in building a joint understanding of the requirements across the other stakeholders (other analysts, developers, testers, project management, product owners)
- Assisting during the execution of User Acceptance Testing
- Any other duties commensurate to the grade of the role
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong people skills
- A methodical, step-by-step approach
- Attention to detail
- Good at problem-solving and decision-making
- Effective communication
- Task/time management
- The ability to decipher requirements and document solutions
- Strong work ethics and reliable
- Good level of English both written and spoken
- A degree in Business or in a Business related programme e.g. Finance, Economics, maths etc., or
- Non Business related Degree + at-least 6 months of work experience*, or
- Existing Staff member with 2+ years of work experience*, or
- Level 3 Qualification + at-least 12 months of work experience* & Robust On-boarding plan (learner must work in the organisation for 3 months before sign up)*
- Retail jobs - Sales Advisors, Team leaders, Customer Service
- Customer Service across any sector - large or small organisations.
- HR function jobs
- Office Administration/Assistant/Trainee
- Any role that involves working in a team, processing data, face to face and email communications
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
Find out more here:
*Work experience relates to any valid work experience.
*Existing staff work experience should not be in IS Business Analyst role.Future prospects
Things to consider
- After successful completion of the apprenticeship programme, you will receive a Level 4 Business Analyst Apprenticeship
- For more information, please refer to QA Business Analyst L4 - QA Programme Guide
- £18,000 per annum --- increasing to £20,000 per annum after 9 months
- QA's apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education
- To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years
- The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates