This is a project management apprenticeship which will involve project managing realprojects, real customers, real challenges from day 1, to develop your capability and deliverbenefits
You will be supported, encouraged, and empowered to operate in the style you believe willachieve the right outcome. You will learn through experience, be encouraged to deployyour academic learning, and challenged to help evolve your approach and performancecontinuously.
In addition you will be encouraged to develop a business network, to represent the businessand establish your own professional brand.
To illustrate, your duties may include, but not be limited to:
- Engaging with the sponsors, stakeholders, and partners to build relationships, definerequirements, align on a strategy, and communicate progress
- Creating a plan which all parties recognise to then track and communicate progress andperformance relative to plan
- Adopting appropriate management styles and techniques (e.g.Agile/Prince/Waterfall) to the characteristics of project / programme challenges
- Understanding the characteristics of the business (e.g. public / private sector) andensuring the action, governance, reporting, and benefits align to their priorities
- Proactively identifying issues and raising for discussion and action plan agreement
- Reviewing information in a range of formats, to create a sense of order for all
- Review data underpinning statements / reports and briefs and establish mechanismswhich benefit from the use of data as a source of insight and accuracy
- Follow process where prescribed. Identify opportunities to improve / optimise processwhere possible
- Comply with established governance processes and expect challenge through theseforums as sponsor, stakeholder requirements are tested, and best practice
- contributions are embedded to benefit the project, plan, and performance to ensureplanned benefits are secured.
- Manage change, communicate change, and ensure change is being consciouslymanaged
- Comply with quality assurance processes - accepting that regular audits will be afeature of progress to ensure ongoing compliance
- Manage the project budget, working with the Senior Responsible Officer/budget owner,to ensure budget, cost of works complete, forecast to complete, with clear riskprovision and control practices are maintained in accordance with project managementbest practice
- Managing and monitoring dependences within the programme and where possible withother projects in the portfolio.
- Identifying risk, prompting risks for mitigation planning, then managing and monitoringrisk mitigation plans
- Lead on progress reporting to communicate with clarity and confidence the status andforward plan
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Communication skills - verbal and written
- Leadership skills to be developed through application and coaching feedback
- Respect - all those who you engage with, regardless of role, title, background
- Genuine - In how you engage, build relationships, and tack challenging issues
- Honest - through all discussions, engagements, and reporting
- Self-motivated - with ability to identify needs and progress actions
- Purposeful - with clear intention and commitment to outcomes
- Progressive - always looking to move yourself, the project and priority actions forward
- Confidence to ask, questions, and raise issues
- Motivation to explore, understand and invest effort for outcomes
- Ability to persevere with challenges to achieve outcomes
- Ability to thrive and maintain control despite change
- Ability to digitally collaborate through Zoom, MS Teams, and other digital platforms
Passion, perseverance, and belief required over qualifications.Future prospects
Training and support may be provided where we identify a specific gap in knowledge,capability or skills set. We will work together on your personal and professionaldevelopment plan. This will be unique to you, your passion, your goals, and your needs.We will then ensure training and support is purposeful.
Permanent employment is possible both with P34B and/or with P34B clients. To create thispotential, you will need to perform, build relationships, earn trust, and develop a genuineprofile and portfolio of capability. We want you to be successful, passionate about whatyou're doing, and purposeful in what you're doing relative to your goals.Things to consider
Please use the interview to demonstrate your passion, perseverance and potential.