Data Protection (Graduate) Trainee - Compliance
Peterborough or Liverpool
Salary up to GBP25,543 DOE
Data Protection Trainee - Compliance
We have a new vacancy for a Graduate Trainee in Data Protection to join the Compliance team in Peterborough or Liverpool. Your role will be to learn, assist with and perform a range of Compliance related activities as required, and developing the necessary skills and technical knowledge to support the Data Protection Officer in ensuring corporate compliance with Data Protection legislation, in order to become employable in an established Data Protection role.
- To support the delivery of the annual Compliance Plan for Diligenta and its clients, incorporating the Data Protection Plan.
- To assist in playing a technical, advisory and influencing role to ensure that Diligenta and the services it provides to its clients are compliant with the Data Protection Act/General Data Protection Regulation (2018).
- To demonstrate the ability to communicate changes in data security and privacy legislation/regulations to the business as part of the corporate regulatory change process.
- To gain a rounded understanding of the support and advice required by the Risk & Compliance Committee, the Board Audit and Compliance Committee, the Executive Management Team, Governance forums and clients on the effectiveness of Data Protection controls.
- To assist in the implementation and maintenance of Data Protection owned regulatory policies and procedures, and controls across Diligenta.
- To participate in training management and staff as necessary.
- To contribute to internal and external Governance forums and committees, ensuring that regulatory considerations and requirements are understood to enable compliant delivery of objectives.
- To demonstrate the ability to prepare and disseminate data protection MI within Diligenta and to clients.
- To develop an understanding of bid activity, and the support that is required form a DP perspective.
Your Competencies and Past Experience:
- Degree or equivalent, class 2:2 or higher, obtained in the last 3 years and in any discipline.
- Mathematically competent
- High levels of accuracy and attention to detail
- IT literate with experience in using packages including Word and Excel
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure, managing own time to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work in a team as well as independently
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Company pension scheme membership
- 23 days holidays + 8 bank holidays
- Holiday allowance rising with promotion
- Gain professional accreditation on completion at no extra cost through our client's bespoke 24/7 professionally accredited online learning and development tools
- 24/7 access to a wide range of books
- Receive a wide range of retail discount shopping schemes
- Access to our confidential helpline is available to be used by you and your family
- Get to volunteer in our client's own employee communities throughout the working day
- Develop your career through our client's wider global organisation
Don's miss this competitive opportunity, apply today!
Guidant is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.