If you are looking to start a career in the science sector, this is your opportunity to work for one of the world's innovative pharmaceutical companies. Pfizer is looking to recruit a Business Administrator to help co-ordinate and manage a programme of activities that meets our goals relating to STEM and Academic Outreach.
Salary: £11,915 per annum
Holiday Entitlement: 25.5 days plus bank holidays
Qualifications Required: 5 GCSE's at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) including Mathematics and English
Location: Sandwich, Kent
Working Hours: Monday to Thursday, 9am – 5.25pm. Fridays, 9am – 4.05pm
Duration: 18 months
Start Date: October – can be flexible
Interview Date: TBC – September/October
Closing Date for applications: 21st September 2021
Download and complete this application form, then click the "apply now" button to submit this.
There is a section at the end where you must in put answers to the following two questions;
- Please tell us what you hope to gain from an Advanced Level Apprenticeship at Pfizer (200 words maximum)
- What is your main motivation for pursuing a career in Business Administration? (200 words maximum)
To co-ordinate and manage a balanced and resourced programme of activities that effectively meets the Sandwich Site and UK business goals relating to STEM and Academic Outreach. To act as point of contact to multiple external stakeholders and in turn to work closely with internal STEM and Academic leads to coordinate activities, colleagues and deliver events which serve to inspire students into science careers, promote Pfizer’s Early Career programmes and build a positive local and corporate reputation.
With guidance and support from the STEM and Academic Outreach Leads, the STEM & Academic Outreach Business Admin will:
- Take responsibility for co-ordinating, resourcing and equipping the Sandwich site programme of STEM and Academic Outreach events in local primary and secondary schools including ensuring that all parties are aware of their responsibilities, the training requirements and associated Risk Assessments and comply accordingly
- Liaise with third party stakeholders to understand local events and requests and to create a programme of opportunities for colleagues which support the site and UK strategy, third parties include STEM learning, Head Teachers, Careers Advisors etc.
- Organize and support school visits to the Sandwich site
- Monitor equipment and supplies to support all events including science materials, T shirts, giveaways
- Work with STEM lead to closely monitor annual budget
- Maintain Sandwich metrics and report on quarterly basis to UK Country Office
- Co-ordination of training for Pfizer STEM and SIP Ambassadors including Science in a Box
- Administration of supporting SharePoint sites
- Preparation and circulation of promotional materials where required
- Co Ordination of the Pfizer Sandwich contribution for large scale external school science events including Big Bang and Science Jamboree.
- Maintain and record Sandwich STEM and Pfizer Ambassadors and any training/expertise levels
You’re the future. Your ambition, talents, ideas and unique way of looking at the world will help us drive innovation in every part of our business.
We need people with a hugely diverse range of talents. Love science? Join us in our drug development labs, or engineering teams. Want to work on the business side? Get stuck into an Apprenticeship to launch a career in anything from digital marketing to paralegal services.
Pfizer’s apprenticeship scheme, run in partnership with Cogent Skills, offers the best of both worlds. You’ll work with world-leaders in your field, from researchers to business gurus. You’ll study towards a nationally recognised academic or professional qualification. And all the time, you’ll be earning a highly competitive salary.
Looking for an alternative to college or university, where you can earn while you learn, and build experience with a global leader? Find it at Pfizer.
To be eligible for this position you will need;
- 5 GCSE's at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) including Mathematics and English
- Strong interest in Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths
- Some workplace experience desired but not essential
- Excellent organisational skills, with a strong ability to plan and prioritize workload
- Excellent written, presentation and verbal communication skills
- IT literate and able to use MS Office tools autonomously
- Strong interpersonal skills and able thrive in a team environment where outcomes depend on the group
- Able to take instructions and self-motivated to apply them within defined timeframes
- Able to work in complex organization and regulated industry
- Good attention to detail
- Can perform a broad and challenging variety of work, some unpredictable and non-routine, using creativity and innovation
TRAINING TO BE DELIVERED
Level 3 Business Administrator Standard.
- Your training will be a mixture of online lecturers, skills webinars and face-to-face workshops.
- You will have access to a Coach who is on hand to guide you through each stage of your learning journey, providing you with clear aims and objectives. They will keep in regular contact with you and instil the confidence that you can achieve.
- You will have access to a Virtual Learning Environment with all of your qualification content, additional learning resources and all the step-by-step support you need to ensure your success
- Training will be part of contracted hours making up the working week.
- Work based and knowledge competencies to be delivered in line with the Business Administrator Apprenticeship Standard guidelines.
On successful completion of the apprenticeship, candidates will be able to apply for further positions.
THINGS TO CONSIDER
The apprentice must be able to demonstrate the required attitudes, behaviours and interpersonal skills associated with the professional workplace. The apprentice must be willing to commit an amount of personal time to study. Please ensure you check out travel options to be able to commute to the workplace.
You will be entitled to company benefits including;
25.5 Days Holiday entitlement (+ Bank Holidays) Opt in pension scheme Student discount card (NUS) Employee assistance programme Dedicated mentor for the duration of your apprenticeship