Water Quality Scientist - Graduates Welcome (1 Year FTC)
Redhill, Surrey (Potential opportunity for hybrid working once trained)
If you're a talented science or engineering graduate or a water industry professional, this is the ideal role in which to develop your skills and experience whilst covering a period of maternity leave.
Our vision is to be an outstanding water company delivering service excellence and we believe our people are integral to helping us achieve our goal to ensure that we deliver a high-quality service that is reliable and resilient. Our plan for the future is to ensure the services we provide are fair, future-proof, good for the planet and utilise smart technology. Water plays a role in all our lives. It's an essential service and one that we are proud to deliver to our customers and communities.
We don't just want to be proud of what we do, we also want to celebrate how we do it. We are an inclusive Team that values diversity and community, what makes us different as well as what we have in common. Your contribution to delivering our Business Plan over the next 5 years and our 5 pledges to our customers is vital. We aren't just recruiting for experience - potential, fit and values are fundamental to building and developing our team. We want you to develop, grow and succeed and enjoy working at SES.
SES Water supplies 160 million litres of fresh water to over 735,000 people across Kent, Surrey and South London every day.
Why you should join our team:
By joining the Water Quality Science Team, which forms part of the wider Quality and Compliance Team, you will discover a small, sociable group of friendly individuals who are easy to get along with. You will be one of two Water Quality Scientists within the team, alongside the Water Quality Science Manager and a Senior Water Quality Scientist.
You will have the chance to make this role your own whilst undertaking training and development throughout the contract meaning that you are continually growing your skill set. Through office-based training, you will have the chance to develop a strong grasp of the basics of water treatment, process optimisation, water quality regulation and how compliance and risk are managed.
What's more, this 12 month contract has the potential to extend to support our water quality work across our water quality support activities such as validation of water treatment process risks. For the right candidate, flexible options and part-time working will be considered.
- Salary of GBP23,000 - GBP26,500
- Up to 10% employer contribution towards Aviva's Group Personal Pension Plan
- Free on-site parking or in the local area
- Working hours: 37 hours per week, Monday - Thursday, 8.30am - 5pm and Fridays, 8.30am - 4.30pm
As a Water Quality Scientist, you will play a key role in supporting water quality for our customers and ensuring that processes and support are in place and provided across our organisation.
Reviewing and interpreting our water quality monitoring programmes, you will provide high-quality advice and support regarding water quality. Primarily working alongside our Customer Service Team, you will also advise customers directly in response to their water queries.
Joining our Water Quality Science Team for a 12 month maternity cover contract, you will:
- Produce communications for customers and relevant agencies
- Review and interpret the results of our water quality monitoring programmes
- Arrange investigations into unusual sample results or failures
Other organisations may call this role Graduate Water Quality Scientist, Junior Water Quality Scientist, Interim Water Quality Scientist, Graduate Freshwater Scientist, or Water Environmental Scientist.
At SES Water, we recruit based on potential, values and fit, rather than just experience and qualifications. We're seeking a Water Quality Scientist with:
- Excellent listening, written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to use their own initiative and identify solutions to water quality problems
- A strong customer focus
- An analytical mindset
- A science or engineering degree OR experience in a relevant water industry position
- Life assurance
- Bonus scheme
- 23 days' holiday per year, increasing to 27 with service
- Give as you earn scheme
- Financial education, savings and personal loans through Neyber
- Aqualibrium - our wellbeing programme including Mental Health First Aiders and free annual comprehensive health checks
- Simply Health Cash Plan, Surgical Choices and Rewards
- Confidential crisis support, counselling and legal advice
- One day paid volunteering a year
- Discounts with our subsidiaries and Garage
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit, who SES Water work in partnership with. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency. If you require any reasonable adjustments as part of our recruitment process, please get in touch and let us know. We're also happy to discuss flexible working options should the role accommodate it.
If you are seeking your next challenge as a Water Quality Scientist, select the apply button shown to be brought through to the application process. We will be interviewing and contacting suitable applicants as they apply and so we advise submitting our applications as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
The health and wellbeing of our staff and interviewees is paramount, so we have put practices in place to keep all parties safe