Inspired Learning Group (ILG) is a growing group of 16 independent preparatory schools and nurseries across Greater London. Overall, our staff of over 330 are responsible for over 1,300 pupils, making us one of the largest independent school groups in the UK.
At Inspired Learning Group we are looking for a number of apprentices to join our team across a number of Nurseries. You will be working alongside our qualified and experienced staff who will support your childcare journey. You will also be assigned a mentor and be working under the direction of the nursery manager and deputy.
We are looking for someone who has an interest in working with young children under 5 years. Has the ability to relate and interact with children and most importantly should be enthusiastic and caring.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, it is therefore a requirement of all staff that they share this commitment and follow the nursery policy and procedures to promote a culture of safeguarding across the company.
This position is subject to an enhanced DBS and satisfactory employment references. The successful applicant will be required to undertake a number of pre-employment checks prior to commencing employment.
Our nurseries have a strong family atmosphere and prepare children exceptionally well for their first steps towards primary schools. Each nursery under the ILG umbrella has its own unique identity and ethos, though all are equally dedicated to our core promise of a broad and balanced curriculum for every child.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. To work towards and complete a level 2 or 3 apprenticeship in Early Years
2. To support the staff team in providing high quality care and education for all children attending the nursery
3. To participate in the implementation of the Early Years Foundation Stage
4. To participate in the observation and assessment of children under the direction of colleagues
5. To provide a safe, caring, stimulating environment, both indoors and outdoors at all times.
6. To assist colleagues in planning and implementing a variety of engaging activities to meet the children's individual needs and interests
7.To participate in supporting the children's personal, social and emotional development, including the promotion of positive behaviour strategies
8. To actively support the development of children's language, communication and thinking skills
9. To establish and maintain positive relationships with the children and their families
10. Assist in maintaining a high standard of hygiene, being aware of health and safety at all times.
11.To actively support and promote the nursery's policies and practices, particularly those on Inclusion and Equal Opportunities
12.To report accidents and incidents to a member of staff to ensure records are properly maintained and relevant first aid administered.
13.To participate and contribute towards all Ofsted inspections and Local Authority visits.
14. To participate in the nursery supervision and appraisal scheme
15. To participate in relevant training and development
16. Be responsible for and committed to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of any children, young people and any vulnerable groups you may come into contact with during your employment
17.To be flexible within working practices in the setting, including undertaking domestic tasks when and where this is necessary, and to attend out of working hours activities (such as training sessions, staff meetings and parents' evenings) when required
18. To carry out any other duties as reasonably requested by the Management
- On the job training and qualification
- Lunch provided or contribution towards lunch & travel costs
- Childcare fee discount
- Company pension dependent on eligibility criteria
- On-site parking at settings where applicable
- Annual ILG Christmas Event
- 28 days annual leave inclusive of Bank Holidays
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
At Inspired Learning , you will be working towards a Early Years Educator Level 3 Apprenticeship standard over the course of 15 months.