Established in 2006 in Newcastle UK, Nigel Frank have rapidly grown into the global leader in Microsoft recruitment. With additional offices in London, Berlin, New York, San Francisco, Dallas, Melbourne and Singapore, we offer our Microsoft Partner and End User clients' unparalleled access to the widest range of high calibre candidates.
The L1 Service Desk Engineer will provide first line technical support to internal staff.
As the primary point of contact with our customers, the L1 Service Desk Engineer's primary objective is to ensure that all incidents and requests are submitted via chat, email and telephone - also ensure they are logged and triaged appropriately using the incident and request fulfilment process in a timely manner in accordance with SLAs.
L1 Service Desk Engineers will participate in a monthly IT on-call rota.
- Responsible for logging and capturing all information in the Service Desk for all IT incidents & requests raised via email, telephone, chat or walk-up.
- Respond to tickets raised by the Service Desk within SLA and KPI targets and agreed business priorities.
- Ensuring correct triage of Service Desk tickets prior to escalation to other teams including 1st line troubleshooting and investigation, to aid First Time Resolution.
- Providing remote support to Desktop PC's, Printers, Telephony systems & physical network assets across the FRG IT estate.
- Providing regular updates to the customer regarding the status of their request
- Participate in the IT on-call rota
Essential skills & experience:
- Strong knowledge with Microsoft Office & Windows Operating Systems.
- Ability to demonstrate a logical approach to troubleshooting
- A strong attitude and drive for a career in IT
- Enthusiastic, passionate and a 'can-do' attitude
- Ability to work independently with a willingness to learn new technologies.
- Proven experience in helpdesk/desktop support role, is desired
You need to have 5 GCSE's:
- Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades D or above
- 3x GCSE's grade A-C in any other subject
You must not already have a qualification in a similar subject at the same level, or higher level than this apprenticeship.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications. Find out more here.
GBP14,000 per annum.
QA's apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.