As Deputy Manager Apprentice at Miller & Carter - Hereford, you'll bring your experience to the table. From the moment you step through the door, you lead by example. You'll pull everything together to make sure our guests, and teams, have a great time.
What will I be doing?
- Be a champion of brand standards & ensure guest & team safety at all times
- Support the General Manager in the day to day running of the business
- Lead the team to deliver moments that WOW our guest, keeping them coming back
- Be the role model and guide training and development within the team
What your apprenticeship includes:
- A mixture of face to face and skype/phone catch ups every 4 - 6 weeks
- A mixture of on and off the job training, including workshops and webinars
- Reviews every 12 weeks with the Apprentice, Line Manager and Lifetime Trainer
- Feedback sessions to discuss progress
- Obtain Functional Skills in English and Maths (if you don't already have GCSE)
- 30 hours paid work every week
Benefits forM&B Staff:
- Love eating out? You'll love it even more with a massive 33% discount across all our brands. Whether its date night at Miller & Carter or family roast at Toby Carvery, we've got you covered.
- Never a dull moment - fun, laughs and lifelong friends!
- Funded qualification up to degree level
- Charity is important to us. From the company charities to the one which is close to your heart; you can choose how to give something back.
- Enjoy a 33% discount off a cosy stay at our Inn Keepers Lodges.
- On top of all this, we offer a pension; 28 days paid holiday; high-street shopping discounts; and we even give you free shares!
At Mitchells and Butlers, you will be studying towards the Hospitality Manager Level 4 Apprenticeship Standard over 15 months.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Previous experience as a supervisor or coach
It takes a mixture of ingredients to make the perfect dish, and our teams are no different. You'll...
- Have previous experience and confidence in managing a team
- Have a passion for hospitality (if you know, you know!)
- Be a role model of giving great service
- Be a good communicator
- Be ready for anything the day throws at you (not literally)
We know hospitality can be hard work, but its super rewarding. As a team at Miller and Carter, we always pull together with smiles on our faces. We know it's a cliché, but it really is the people that make it so worthwhile. When you join us, you become part of our work family, all 47,000 of us up and down the country.Desired qualifications
- No qualifications required!
Things to consider
- Ongoing training and development
- Potential progression into a General Manager position
- The vacancy dates are to be used as a guide only
- Should the right candidate be found, this vacancy could close early