At Howdens you will be working towards a Customer Service Level 2 Apprenticeship standard over the course of 15 months.
At Howdens our products are available from local stock at depots nationwide, so we can offer timely collection and deliveries to get projects started sooner. This also allows us to make changes quickly, should they arise, so work can continue without delay.
Our Trade Sales Counter Person is the first point of contact at the counters in our depots. They assist our customers while selling and upselling the company's range of products and services and provide excellent customer services and have extensive knowledge of Howdens products.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities include:
- To provide excellent levels of customer service and deal with enquires in a courteous, professional and knowledgeable way
- To achieve and exceed individual targets to accomplish the depot targets, while building strong relationships with new and existing customers
- To effectively communicate and sell/upsell the full range of products and services offered by the company (face to face and via telephone)
- To generate and chase leads
- To correctly process sales for customers using the in store payment systems, quoting correct pricing, delivery date and stock requirements. Ensuring all documents are filed correctly
- To assist in the depot warehouse as and when necessary
- To ensure a safe and comfortable environment is maintained for customers and employees within the Depot and to ensure 100 % compliance with Health & Safety Regulations and expectations.