Location: Poole, BH17 7EF
Salary: Competitive, DOE
Contract: Full time, Permanent
We are IMI Critical Engineering; we are recruiting and we want you.
We are a global engineering group focused on the precise control and movement of fluids in critical applications.
We work with leading international companies in over 50 countries to deliver innovative engineering solutions to address global trends such as clean energy, energy efficiency, healthcare and increasing automation.
Our Company heritage spans over 150 years during which time we have established a strong international reputation for excellence and innovation.
We operate across three globally recognized divisions: IMI Critical Engineering, IMI Precision Engineering and IMI Hydronic Engineering having GBP1.9 billion revenue with c11,500 employees worldwide.
We are now recruiting for a Purchasing Apprentice to join us on a full-time basis.
About the Purchasing Apprentice role:
You will be trained in, and involved with, the sourcing of products and services at the right time and price in line with requirements to support the business.
Apprentices will be trained to a level whereby they will be on their way to being skilled members of the Supply Chain Team by the end of the apprenticeship.
You work alongside other purchasing and supply chain staff and will be exposed to all aspects within this environment.
Attending College on a full-time basis during Year 1, and on a day release basis thereafter, they are expected to gain and develop key skills which will lead to recognised qualifications required by the business.
In addition to this your duties will include:
* Purchasing of parts & services in line with business requirements.
* Expedite orders to ensure On Time in Full requirements are met.
* Communicate with internal & external suppliers.
* Carry out broad range of office administration and office-based activities as required.
* Attend Technical College to fulfil requirements & expectations.
* Perform other such duties commensurate with the nature and level of the post as may be reasonably required.
Our essential criteria for this role are:
* 5 GCSE's (grade 4-5 or above) in Mathematics and English (or equivalent).
* Ability to work well within a team whilst having the confidence to work on own initiative.
* Ability to focus on learning new skills and prepared to undertake learning on a daily basis.
* Enthusiasm, drive and commitment to a career within Purchasing.
* High level of attention to detail.
* Good verbal and written communication.
* Able to understand and follow work instructions; procedures, story boards etc.
* PC literate.
* Flexible approach to work in both time and priority.
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience to be successful in this role click on "APPLY" today, forwarding an up to date copy of your CV for consideration in the first instance.
Interviews are scheduled for the w/c 6th September.
No agencies please