Your main responsibilities will include:
- Development of CustomServe software, including planning, development, testing, and deployment to agreed standards.
- To test and verify new and existing software ensuring data accuracy, integrity, functionality, security and look and feel
- Perform risk assessments and execute test
- To support clients, providing a first class client feedback service Maintain a high quality of Acuigen's and its clients' databases, database information, web sites, processes and software
- To process CustomServe data and ensure its accuracy and refresh the online reporting services
- To create accurate fieldwork reports and deliver to clients
- Ensuring safe and secure storage of data
Network & Technical Support
- Provide technical and data support for internal and external clients
- Assist in maintaining physical and electronic security of systems
- Provide support in maintaining network availability
Our office is located in Cranfield, Bedfordshire so apprentices must consider travelling time and ability to travel into the office for work.
Please note that this job vacancy may close early if we receive a high volume of applications. We advise you to apply early to avoid disappointment.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Good written and spoken English language skills
- A passion for, and previous experience of, learning about IT
- Experience of completing an IT project with a database and/or website
- Always reliable and thorough, sometimes being creative
- Trustworthy and honest
- Empathetic when working with clients and colleagues and as part of a team
- Capable of receiving a brief, interpreting the request, discussing how you plan to proceed with the work, and complete it
- Consistent and administratively competent - for example record keeping, checking in work, completing time records, test notes
- Willingness to be involved in the practical work (e.g. network cabling, occasionally working on a ladder) and troubleshooting
- GCSE's at grade C/5 or above in maths and English
- A levels at grade C or above (desirable: IT, maths or physics, biology, chemistry, or similar)
A permanent position may be offered upon successful achievement of the apprenticeship.