SCC unleashes the potential of IT for global businesses, as one of Europe's largest independent IT groups. Operating out of 65+ locations in the UK, France, Romania, Spain and Vietnam, SCC delivers limitless IT solutions in partnership with the world's best technology vendors.
We provide multi-award-winning data centre modernisation services, networks and communications, workplace productivity, business process outsourcing, security and innovation solutions to customers in a broad range of public and private industry sectors. We're trusted to discover, design, supply, migrate, manage and optimise IT that supports European economies through enduring partnership, driven by curiosity and inspired by innovation.
The apprentice will be assisting Service Operations Managers to manage and implement changes and Service Improvement. The Business Analyst function works collaboratively across Service and Technical Operations and relevant stakeholders in the delivery against Management actions to support /deliver Service Improvement programs.
- Assist with reviewing existing documentation and suggesting or making improvements.
- Support the Service Operations Management team in on boarding new customers and renewing existing customer's service documentation.
- Assists in the delivery against Service Operations Management actions to support /deliver Service Improvement programs.
- Assist in the design and develop metrics, reports and analyses to drive key business decisions.
- Compiling internal and external facing reports.
- Ensure that all reports are accurate prior to distribution
- Plan and direct own activities with minimal management supervision
- Ensure that all Service Operations processes and related documentation are always valid.
- Adheres to Incident, Problem, Change and Configuration Management methodologies and best practices.
- Review and improve existing processes where applicable
- Define new processes where require
- Define, review and improve RFS Lite process
- Map end to end patch management and release process (DevOps plan)
- Help develop functional specification for tooling improvements
- Requirements for integrations - especially around event management and Asset/config.
- Reviewing monitoring process
- Define shift-left processes and automation requirements
- Communication and interpersonal skills.
- Articulate; ability to communicate clearly and efficiently.
- Motivated, competitive and results driven.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team, with a 'can do' attitude.
- Problem-solving ability
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise requirements, whilst maintaining a focus on quality work.
- Maintain excellent internal relationships, understanding who to go to gather relevant information
- Good time management, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment to meet tight deadlines.
- Calm approach to difficult situations
- Ability to deliver structured detail to all levels of customer or SCC/H organisation
- An ability to get things done in a matrix environment through persuasion and influence
- Strong peering skills and ability to influence across disciplines with credibility
- Good understanding of IT
- A degree in Business or in a Business-related programme e.g. Finance, Economics, Maths etc., or
- Non Business-related Degree + at-least 6 months of work experience*, or
- Existing Staff member with 2+ years of work experience*, or
- Level 3 Qualification + at-least 12 months of work experience* & Robust On-boarding plan (learner must work in the organisation for 3 months before sign up)*
- Retail jobs - Sales Advisors, Team leaders, Customer Service
- Customer Service across any sector - large or small organisations.
- HR function jobs
- Office Administration/Assistant/Trainee
- Any role that involves working in a team, processing data, face to face and email communications
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
Find out more here:
Potential full-time position if you successfully complete the apprenticeship.
QA's apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.