An exciting opportunity has arisen for a driven and enthusiastic individual to join us as an Apprentice Training Officer.
This is an interesting and varied job for someone with a desire to manage a wide set of stakeholders and who has good communication and organisational skills. The individual will be expected to manage a busy workload and have the ability to project plan and organise their work to meet varying demands. The role provides the opportunity to get involved in UK wide initiatives and work with other teams across HR and the wider company.
The successful individual will be responsible for co-managing the provision of our client's well established and award winning Apprenticeship programmes, which will play a key part in ensuring the business is able to meet future challenges in developing the next generation of employees.
Training Officer Responsibilities:
• Provide line management for Apprentices for the duration of their programme including undertaking 12-weekly reviews and supporting disciplinary/capability situations
• To be the site focal point and day-to-day contact for all Apprentice-related issues and enquiries.
• Develop a learning culture and environment that supports development of Apprentices' skills, knowledge and careers.
• Co-ordinate all Apprentice placement plans, ensuring Apprenticeships are of the highest quality and that all Apprentices receive appropriate training and support.
• Work closely with Colleges, Universities and other third party providers to co ordinate academic assessment and monitor Apprentice attendance, progress and performance.
• Manage and maintain learner data and track progress.
• Personally provide coaching and development on a one-to-one basis.
• Support self-assessment, quality audits and evaluation activities as required.
• Ensure all regulatory requirements are met (e.g. ESFA, Ofsted, SEMTA and EAL) and that all documentation and record keeping meets the required standards.
• Organise and chair the Local Apprentice Governance Group meetings and facilitate the monthly Apprentice forums.
• Support Apprentice recruitment by attending recruitment events and undertaking candidate assessment and interviews.
• Plan, organise and facilitate the Apprentice induction programme.
• Support the Apprentice salary review process.
• Support enrichment activities, Apprentice-related events and awards
• Develop and maintain close relationships and effective communication with the clients key stakeholders, understanding their requirements and responding to their needs.
Training Officer Requirements:
• Previous experience of early careers development programmes.
• Sound knowledge of Apprenticeship framework/standards requirements.
• Sound knowledge of funding streams/systems and compliance/regulatory requirements
• Assessor award i.e. D32, D33, A1, etc.
• Strong organisational, prioritisation and time management skills
• Proven ability to manage varied stakeholders across a complex organisation
• Confident and able to work autonomously with minimal oversight
• Flexible, adaptable and ability to work effectively within a team
• The ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal
• Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent IT skills - Outlook/Word/Excel/PowerPoint
Following acquisition in February 2018, Zellis is now a standalone UK & Ireland company, no longer a subsidiary of the global NGA Human Resources business. We are very proud of being the market leader in our chosen field - Payroll and Human Resources Software and Service.
Contract Type: 10 month FTC
Hours: Full Time, 37.5 hrs per week
You may have experience of the following: Learning and Development Officer, Learning and Development Co-ordinator, Training Specialist, Learning Management System, Learning Management, Training, Learning and Development, Training Plan, L&D, Training Officer, Process Improvement, Learning and Development Consultant, etc.
Ref: (Apply online only)