Job title: Administration Apprentice (Revenues & Benefits)
Location: Home based / Rhyl office - Blended working
Job type: Full time, Permanent
Do you have excellent verbal and written communication skills? Would you like to build a career within the IT sector? Join my clients team as a Revenues & Benefits Apprentice, in an exciting role offering excellent experience and progression opportunities.
You'll be excited by the opportunity to start your career within the IT sector, applying previous skills that you have developed throughout your work experience. You will also;
• Have excellent verbal and written communication skills, with a strong customer focus
• Be IT literate, with experience of excel, outlook and word
• Have numeracy skills including the ability to manipulate numerical data
Your core responsibilities:
You'll efficiently and accurately deal with the administration and assessment of Housing Benefit and Council Tax Reduction applications. You will assist with the collection of Council Tax and Overpayments and work within the Revenues and Benefits regulations, legislation and guidance.
• Deal with telephone, written or face to face enquiries from customers and stakeholders
• Have a working knowledge of relevant legislation and IT applications relevant to the role
• To identify possible irregularities in assessments and liabilities and refer to the Fraud Investigations Team
• Keep and maintain appropriate records and statistics, review exception reports and ensure appropriate action is taken
My client are a Diversity Leader, ranked as one of the top European companies for workplace diversity and equality - Financial Times 2021.
"We're committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture where diversity thrives, and all of our people excel. We believe that diversity stimulates innovation, enables us to deliver better outcomes for people and communities, supports the growth of our people, and delivers great results for our customers. We recruit, promote and reward our people based on their contribution, regardless of gender, race, disability, religion/belief, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status