Our client builds and maintains their own High-Performance Computing (HPC) with over 3000-cores of on-premise compute. They also manage cloud environments and provide technical support to customers who have purchased their hardware. They are currently recruiting a *** Graduate HPC Engineer *** to join their IT team who are soon to be located in the Daventry area.
Within this role you will be expected to undertake a broad range of tasks required to support all these aspects of business, including:
* Building and testing hardware
* Troubleshooting issues both in Linux and Windows
* Maintenance and monitoring of their on-premise HPC
* Supporting Employee IT needs
* Keep documentation and guides up to date
Initially this role will be based in Brackley, but by the end of October 2021 will be moving to our clients brand new facility near Daventry.
Their graduate salary is up to GBP25k depending on experience and benefits include 25-days annual leave plus Bank Holidays and a company pension scheme.
What is our client looking for in an HPC Engineer?
Above all things, they value logical thought, motivation and an eagerness to learn. As such, they're not necessarily expecting you to have specific HPC experience, rather the willingness and aptitude to learn and evolve. Complete training will be provided in the administration of their HPC environment.
Our clients minimum requirements are:
* At least a 2.1 degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science, Engineering or Physics
* An B grade or higher in maths at A-level (or equivalent)
Desirable (but not essential) experience includes:
* Working in a Linux environment
* Experience building and maintaining your own computer.
* Use of AWS or other cloud compute environments