About the job
About the Company
A leading research company which creates and runs conferences, webinars and networking events globally across 4 key verticals: AI/ Tech, Animal Health, Consumer Markets (eg Beauty, Nutrition, Petcare) and Life Sciences (eg Cell Therapy, Microbiome, Undruggables). We engage around 20,000 senior business leaders a year with these activities, helping set and reset their business destinations.
A team of over 70 and growing, take team training and development seriously and think the most important thing they can do for your career is make sure you are working alongside smart ambitious colleagues who'll encourage you to challenge yourself. They have made #27 on the Times Fast Track 100 and that growth ambition is central to their DNA.
About the Candidate
Successful candidates will be graduating in 2021 (or 2020) with an (expected) upper second/ first class honours degree and will ideally have some commercial sales experience. This is a full time, salaried and office based position, joining an established Delegate Sales team that have been central to the growth of our business over the last 6 years.
Strengths will include working both independently and as part of a team, drive (they work at pace), highly organised, a strong commercial sense and desire to exceed targets and a love of.
Looking for candidates that want to develop their career in sales with uncapped commission (in addition to the base salary), a highly structured training and development programme, a strong culture of coaching and support, balanced with the autonomy that allows strong sales skillsets to flourish. In addition, all members of the team have the opportunity to work with Investor, Multinational, Academic and Tech Start-Up audiences across varied markets and geographies.
The role requires candidates who are goal oriented, confident communicators with strong project management skills and can work well both independently and as part of a wider event team. The Delegate Sales Executive will be responsible for developing relationships with industry leaders to secure their involvement in their global series of events across multiple sectors and geographies.
- Communicating (by phone) conference value propositions with inbound leads, prospects and past customers to secure their registration for upcoming events.
- Collaborating closely with the research and marketing functions.
- Performance reporting.
- Utilizing the CRM to contact our database and generating contact list build strategies.
- You will work on events in various industries (Beauty, Personal Care, Pharmaceuticals, Health, Technology, Artificial Intelligence, Agriculture etc) and geographies (London, New York, San Francisco, Boston, Amsterdam, Sao Paolo, Kansas, Hong Kong, China etc).
- You have monthly sales targets and weekly KPIs.
- Will possess 2:1/ Upper Second Class Bachelor's level education or equivalent.
- Track record of delivering on varied tasks to deadline and budget (within Educational/ Commercial/ Internship environments).
- Highly organised, methodical and process-driven.
- Enthusiastic, ambitious, adaptable and flexible with a strong work ethic.
- Strong writing skills.
- Very strong interpersonal skills - ability to engage and influence a range of people and characters.
- Fluent English and can work in the UK.
- Other languages would be a plus
- Bachelor's level education or equivalent.
- Confidence and strong negotiation skills.
- Proficient knowledge of Excel, Microsoft Word.
- Excellent phone manners and professional demeanour.