Graduate Business Development Consultant - Finance & Innovation
Location: St Albans, Hertfordshire
Sector: Business Development / Financial Services
Salary: GBP25,000k (GBP40k OTE, uncapped) + benefits
Innovation is something that is critical to the UK Economy, whether that be pharma companies developing new drugs & medicines, software companies creating new technologies or your favourite food & drink brand creating your new favourite snack! This innovation, research & development is essential to stimulate growth in the UK economy.
Innovation isn't cheap... it can be incredible costly and resource intensive. However, this business helps these companies secure funding & grants to help them facilitate these exciting projects - and that's where you come in! To sell this service and educate companies on the benefits of innovation funding.
After all, the UK economy is predicted to now grow at its fastest rate since 1941???
You'll be joining their graduate business development & sales academy, where you'll embark on an initial period of training before starting your role. In this team, you'll be responsible for generating new business opportunities and making businesses aware of innovation funding. Typical responsibilities will include:
- Book high quality face to face meetings for the BDM team to attend
- Use a research led approach that sets us apart from the competition
- Working on up to 400 clients & projects at any one time
- Using multiple tools, CRM, LinkedIn, Patent data insights, investment data, various paid for data services to build a coherent picture of your target clients.
- Using a variety of telephone, social (creative!) and email contact to get in touch with clients
- Research - Yes this is a sales role, but your research skills have to be strong. You'll carefully contact businesses that you can genuinely help, rather than just contacting people for the sake of it.
- Drive & Determination - sales isn't easy. You'll be driven to build a successful career in sales, in an industry that is predicted to keep on growing.
- Communication - you'll have strong written and verbal communication skills given that you'll be engaging with senior business decision makers every single day.
- Intelligence - ideally evidenced through a university degree. If you didn't go to university, that's fine - we would still like to hear from you if you have the required aptitude.
What's in it for you?
- Training & Development - you'll be well and truly invested in with a 6-month digital training programme to ensure you're the best you can be in your role.
- Strong earning potential - On top of your GBP25,000 base salary, you'll be able to earn uncapped commission from day 1.
- Culture/Work Environment - This business wants to ensure their employees enjoy coming to work so have built a great social culture. If you're successful, you'll get to join them on their summer social (all expense paid cruise down The Thames!)
- Other Benefits Include Private Medical Insurance, External Sales Training,
Interviews are taking place ASAP, for a September start. Please apply now to be considered!