Job Title: Graduate Programme
Location: Huntingdon, PE29 6WR
Job type: Full time, 2-year rotational programme
Based in Huntingdon, Goodfellow is a well-known specialist supplier of high-quality materials including pure metals and alloys, polymers and composites, and glass and ceramics for research, development and specialised manufacturing applications in small to medium quantities. All our products, whether catalogue or non-catalogue, are supplied within defined quality and compliance standards to meet the needs of our various customers. Our in-house manufacturing capability allows us to modify products and perform specialist functions, whilst our specialist technical support engineers inform and help our customers find the right solutions whatever their needs. We have over 6,000 research and development customers from a range of commercial, academic and industrial fields, including aerospace, robotics, automotive and medical instruments. Materials are often core to their designs and their applications and they typically buy products in small volumes, on short lead times or to meet their bespoke requirements.
Our specialist materials are used to:
- Explore space with customers such as Blue Origin and Space X.
- Keep people alive through cardiovascular medical devices and cancer curing proton beam therapy
- Help people hear through Cochlear hearing implants
- Facilitate scientific discoveries through the CERN and Diamond Light Source projects
As a graduate you will be joining a 2-year rotational programme to get a feel for the core areas of the business. The programme has been developed to provide graduates with the knowledge, tools, and support to be successful within Goodfellow, allowing them to have the opportunity to progress within the organisation. Following the rotational programme, we will work with you to identify the right area of the business for you to establish and grow your career in.
The programme will consist of 4 x 6-month rotational placements over a 2-year period, starting in Sales and Service with a choice of 3 other placements in the following:
- Technical and production
- Supply Chain
- Quality and compliance
In order to support our graduates to succeed within the programme they will:
- Undergo a weeks' long initial induction programme to cover areas such as: company knowledge; basic understanding of how the organisation operates; IT systems; work culture; team building etc.
- Have the support of both a line manager and a 'graduate programme manager' whose role it will be to help guide them through the programme, carry out performance reviews with the line manager to look at broader skills development, identify placements.
- Receive 'soft skill' training scheduled throughout their first two years in areas such as time management; communication; presentation skills.
The ideal candidate will have;
- Already graduated or be due to graduate in 2021 with a minimum 2:1 degree in a science or numeric-focussed subject such as: Maths, Chemistry, Engineering, Physics, Material Sciences
- Drive, enthusiasm, a 'can do' attitude, with the ability to think for yourself and take responsibility for your actions from day one
- Good time management and excellent organisational skills
- Excellent communications skills, with the ability to communicate at all levels
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Pro-active and independent achiever, self-learner, able to handle a task from idea to production, able to take ownership of the tasks at hand
- Core Office 365 skills and other digital tools
- Has the right to work in the UK
- Competitive starting salary
- 22 days holiday plus bank holidays increasing by 1 day each year of service to a maximum of 25 days
- Pension scheme with a 5% employer's contribution and 4% contribution from you
- Life Assurance
- Private Medical Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV for this role.
Candidates with administration experience or job titles of; Graduate Scheme, Engineering Graduate Scheme, Material Science Graduate Programme, Marketing Graduate, Finance Graduate, Estimating, Sales Graduate, Sales and Service, Supply Chain, Quality and Compliance, Engineering Graduate, Grad, Grad Programme will also be considered for this role.