Grafton Banks Finance Ltd is pleased to be partnering with a 'Times Top 100 Best Companies To Work For' business. Our client is a family run food retail business who are going from strength to strength. Our client is keen to recruit a Graduate Concessions Manager for the Midlands region (Leicestershire/Nottinghamshire/Lincolnshire/Derbyshire).
Purpose of the role:
To manage and maintain the business to business relationship between the company and its concession
retailers within a defined geographical territory (The Midlands) To ensure that the utmost focus is put into
maintaining the company brand and high retail standards are upheld at all times. To increase revenue
and profit through targeted account penetration and new retailer recruitment, jointly 'owning' the
concessions weekly sales figures with other Concessions Managers, Sales Office Team Leader, and
Leaders of the channel. To support the company sales strategy at all times.
The role will include (but not be limited to) the following:
- Account management: To be responsible for the account maintenance of all standard Concessions
customers within a defined geographical area and to ensure that superior customer experience is
maintained at all times. Competently analyse sales reports for your defined territory to identify areas
for sales growth and to pinpoint customers in decline - initially supported by your manager. Yearly
forecast presentation on your territory with the desired plan for growth for the year ahead including
Capex spend requirement, supported by Manager. To achieve sales growth through effective negation
with existing customers. Use point of sale materials and range expansion discussions to support these
negotiations. Targets to be agreed upon.
- Brand protection and auditing: To only create branded concessions in line with criteria for
supply in approved retailers. Adhere to current retail and brand guidelines and strive to standardise
the appearance of our concessions wherever sold.
- New business development: To help seek out, recruit, and successfully launch 'approved' new
Concessions business opportunities that fit within the criteria for supply whilst supporting the sales
strategy and budget. Targets to be agreed upon.
- Industry intelligence: To have a good understanding of the food retail industry and keep up to date
with changes that happen within your territory.
- Territory intelligence: To understand all aspects of your territory from groups of accounts to
acquisitions including regional knowledge.
- Company intelligence: Ensure you remain up to speed with all internal and external company news e.g. company sales performance, promotions within shops, product changes and updates, industry specific plans (plastic packaging) at all times.
- Promotion of the business at exhibitions: Will involve direct selling to potential customers at two trade exhibitions a year. Overnight stays are required.
- Promotional sampling activity: support when required - possible evenings & weekend work.
- Merchandising and Display. Will involve some manual handling from time to time.
To be suitable for the role your profile will be similar to the following:
- Ability to use own initiative to problem solve and the mindset to get 'stuck in' to get the job done.
- Excellent & proven organisation and prioritisation skills.
- Previous proven record of accomplishment in a B2B or B2C sales role (desirable).
- A recent graduate (with some background in retail) or a seasoned retail (food retail highly desirable) professional.
- Strong proven communication & negotiation skills with internal and external customers.
- Experience of working remotely and autonomously.
- Ability to stay calm under pressure and stay in control of a situation.
- Full driving license and use of own car (25,000-30,000 business miles per year).
- Experience of selling to SMEs/independent food retailers.
The role will offer:
- GBP20,000 - GBP25,000.
- Mileage is paid at GBP0.45 per mile.
- Access to company pension.
- Company profit share.
- Competitive annual leave allocation.
If the role is of interest and you match the above criteria please either apply to this advert directly or submit a CV and brief covering letter to: .