Who you’ll be working with
You will be joining the UK ASE team made up of around 50 highly skilled individuals, co-located in two bespoke designed locations in London and Telford. We work to support Capgemini’s most important sales and delivery priorities through designing and delivering collaborative events that are focused on driving business outcomes.
We are a team of creative thinkers with an open, supportive culture that empowers individual and team growth.
From facilitating large groups of people to creating enriching experiences, the UK ASE team each bring a variety of skills that cover the facilitation spectrum. Collaborative methodologies, bespoke processes, and principles of co-creation are central to the way we work. It’s ok if you’re not familiar with these ways of working, we believe that discovering you don’t know something is the first step to knowing it.
The Focus of Your Role
Capgemini’s Accelerated Solutions Environment (ASE) is a world-class facilitation capability that enables our clients to address their most complex problems. We are looking for a curious and innovative Collaborative Designer to join our team of facilitators, designers and technologists.
If you are not sure what a Collaborative Designer is yet or whether you could be one, have no fear. As long as you are willing to get stuck in and contribute your own unique way of thinking then you will fit right in. In our experience, everybody brings new skills, perspectives and experiences, which enables us to continuously grow our capability.
What you’ll do
Using your unique creative skillset, you will be providing specialist support for collaborative workshops to ignite change in organisations. To enable this, you will learn and deliver through a variety of roles that are required to run a successful engagement. For example:
- Designing and setting a physical space to maximise productivity (digitally or physically)
- Selecting and staging the most impactful audio stimulus to create the right energy and environment for an event
- Ensuring the right information is showcased in a way which meets a variety of learning styles
- Drafting assignments by developing key questions that will drive the work done by participants
- Creating work products that co-ordinate event inputs and outputs and enable the work to live on
- Capturing the essence and content of conversations to enable insights to be recorded
Every engagement you’re involved in will be different and delivered with a varying team of highly motivated and effective team members. Your days will be fast paced, requiring you to work closely with colleagues and clients to support the delivery of collaborative events that have a lasting business impact. There is an expectation that you will learn and contribute to all areas required to successfully run an event and gain a detailed and insightful understanding of the ASE methodology used to facilitate problem solving.
You may also get involved with supporting other ASE services, such as our visualisation service.
Note: You will have lived in the UK for the last five years with no more than 6 months out of the country (in order to meet security clearance requirements).
What You'll Bring
Each of our Collaborative Designers has a uniquely valuable skillset. We’re looking for you to demonstrate:
- A positive, can do attitude
- A willingness to think and work differently
- A creative, innovative and inquisitive approach to work – using information to generate new ideas
- Excellent listening, team working and communication (written and verbal) skills
- An ability to work quickly in a changing environment, ensuring tight time schedules and deadlines are met to an appropriate standard
- Flexibility to travel, work long hours during event days
- A good understanding of Microsoft Office skills, including PowerPoint and Excel
Please also let us know if you have an interest or experience in:
- Video production, editing and animation
- Coding and software development
What We'll Offer You
You’ll have a full-time permanent role from day one, and a competitive starting annual salary
You will be joining a supportive team environment with huge potential to grow and develop within your role.
You will study part-time for your Level 3 Business Associate Apprenticeship through our provider, Multiverse and will be able to put your new skills into practice in your day to day role.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.